Sending the welcome email
Arbor has the function to send a welcome email whilst creating new staff members.
The welcome email can only be sent whilst a staff profile is being created. To create a staff profile click on School > All Staff > Add New Staff member.
When adding a new staff member you must include:
- An email address
- Send Welcome Email option ticked
- A business role
Once the Create Staff Member button is clicked a welcome email will be sent with details on how to log in.
The staff member should then click the link in their email, which will take them to a page where they can change their password and log in.
This will take them to your school-specific login page, where they can choose a new password. For more information on how users can log in, see this article.
Resetting a password or resending login details
To reset a users password, you can send them a reset password link by email.
First, you will need to access the user's profile by clicking School > All Staff > Browse Staff and selecting the staff member from the list. Alternatively, you can access their profile by typing their name in the search bar in the top right-hand corner.
From the profile page, scroll down to the User Details section.
Click on the username and a slide over will appear with the following options:
Reset Password - If there is an email address on the profile, click on this button to automatically send them a reset email with a link. Please note, this link will expire after 96 hours.
Change Password - If the user's profile doesn't have an email address, click on this option to manually change their password.
Change Username - If the user's profile doesn't have an email address, the user will be given a generated non-email username which can amend this by clicking on this button.
A user can also generate a password reset for their own profile by visiting the login page of your School Arbor site. Once here they can click on the 'Forgotten your password?' link which will take them through a series of steps to generate a new password.
There may be a number of reasons a user cannot log in to your school's Arbor site.
- Make sure the site address is as follows: http://[yourschoolname].uk.arbor.sc
- Recheck the login details and ensure that the username is the email address used for Arbor.
- Search for ther name in the search bar and click the arrow to make sure their email address has not been used on another profile in Arbor, for example, if they have a current or past guardian profile linked to a child.
- It may be that you need to refresh your browser in order to get onto Arbor.
- To do this, you need to clear the cache and possibly delete cookies related to Arbor - click here for instructions on clearing your cache.
- If this doesn't work, you can then clear the cookies for Arbor - click here to see instructions on how to do this for the most widely used browsers. Please note you will need to delete Arbor cookies and might need to search for these as instructed.
- Check they have a business role set on Arbor with relevant permissions.
- Get them to confirm the email address linked to their account then reset their password. Remind them to include at least 8 characters, one uppercase letter and one lower case letter, and a number.
- Make sure the password email was sent less than 96 hours ago. If it was sent more than 96 hours ago, the link will have expired and will need to be sent again.