Using ParentMail? Here is how you can easily update your student or staff's data from Arbor.
Note: Please contact ParentMail before doing any of these steps so that they are aware that you are now using ARBOR, as there might be some changes they need to do from their end.
Creating the report
2. Log in to Arbor and click on School > Custom report writer and the reporter page will load.
3. Click on the green 'Create New Report' button and scroll down and click on 'Import a report'.
4. Locate the report file you previously saved on your computer.
5. Click on 'Upload' and your ParentMail file will be ready.
6. Download the file in .csv format by clicking on the download button and choosing the format.
Do not open the CVS files you have downloaded from Arbor or try to edit or save it. These actions can break the structure, meaning you may not be able to import it into ParentMail.
7. Save this new file on your computer.
8. Upload this file to your ParentMail system.
Importing a small group of guardians to ParentMail
The report in the above section includes details about all related guardians and their contact priority, that you have set.
To import only some of the guardians to ParentMail:
- Run the report as outlined above
- Click to Edit the report and filter results based on priority or filter to show Primary or legal guardians only. After you have filtered guardians, you can then download the report and upload it to ParentMail.
To import guardians with more than one priority:
- Adjust the filter value
- Run the report again
- Download the new one.
- You will then have multiple reports to upload to ParentMail.