Auto enrolments can be created to allow groups of students who will take several subjects together to be enrolled in one place which will then feed into a class. See below for some tips on when you should and should not use this function.
Auto Enrolments are available from the House, Registration Forms, and Teaching Groups areas in Students > Enrolment.
Adding an auto-enrolment
For example, from the Registration Forms page, select the registration form.
Click the +Add button next to Automatic Enrolments into Courses
Select the courses you wish to be fed into by the group, then click Add Automatic Enrolments.
What can I use auto enrolments for?
- A registration form (which is automatically auto-enrolled into the registration course page - do NOT remove this unless you take registers in another period) which also takes General Studies.
- Teaching Groups which takes Maths, English, and Science together - create Teaching Groups, then auto-enrol to related subject classes
- A House which all take assembly together - enrol students to house, and auto enrol to assembly
When should Auto Enrolments not be used?
- You have a subject that has students who may move in and out of different classes within the year. You could use Teaching Groups with Interventions, however, it is recommended that you keep this kind of subject separate from any auto enrolments.
- You wish to change to sets or options or make any changes to a course or class enrolment within the academic year. In this instance, we recommend you enrol students onto the individual courses.
What if I've changed my mind?
If you decide that you no longer wish to use an auto enrolment, but wish to keep the courses, and enrolled students, please follow this article.