Unresolved Duplicate Records allows schools to identify and resolve suspected duplicate student/ staff/ guardian records. This will help your school identify and resolve suspected:
- student duplicates in preparation for DfE School Census.
- staff duplicates in preparation for DfE School Workforce Census.
- guardian duplicates to improve communication to guardians and save costs on avoiding to send multiple text messages to the same guardians.
To access, go to School> Data> Data Quality Dashboard and scroll down to Suspected Duplicates. This section of the Data Quality Dashboard gives you an overview of all unresolved suspected duplicate records at your school.
To merge guardian profiles
To merge two guardian profiles go to School> Data> Data Quality Dashboard> Guardians
1. Click the row that includes the guardians you would like to merge.
2. Review the information in the slide over.
3. If you still want to merge the profiles, select a resolution from the drop-down box.
Merge guardian B into guardian A means:
- blank fields in Guardian A will be filled by information from Guardian B
- if conflicting information exists for a field, the information from Guardian A will be kept
Merge guardian A into guardian B means:
- blank fields in Guardian B will be filled by information from Guardian A
- if conflicting information exists for a field, the information from Guardian B will be kept
Delete guardian A will delete all data associated with the first profile.
Delete guardian B will delete all data associated with the second profile.
Keep records separate will mean nothing is changed and there will continue to be two separate profiles.
4. Click 'Resolve' to implement the changes.
5. The duplicates will then move to the Resolved tab.
Delete guardians with no linked children
To see guardians not linked to any students go to School > Data > Data Quality Dashboard > Guardians > Guardians with no linked students.
To delete guardians, tick the boxes next to their names, then click the blue pencil icon.
You can also click their name to go to their profile and link them to a student instead.