To assign candidates to exam seats, go to Students > Examinations > Timetabling > Assign Seats.
Here you will see a list of your rooms that have had exams allocated to them. It includes a count of how many candidates have been assigned a seat.
Hovering over a sitting brings up a tooltip showing which exams take place in that sitting.
Click on the row containing the exam you want to seat candidates to get to the seating overview.
You can choose to seat candidates one by one, or in bulk. You can also print a seating plan, candidate labels and lists and an exam register for use on exam day.
When you click 'Auto-Assign Candidate Seats', a slide over will appear allowing you to choose how exam seats should be assigned.
- Which column to start from (Useful if you want to leave a buffer row between different exams happening in the same room)
- How to order candidates ( By candidate number, name or Access Arrangements)
- Whether to overwrite allocated seats (Not ticking this box means you will only allocate candidates to empty seats. Ticking this box means this will replace any old candidates in these seats with the ones newly allocated)
- Whether to re-seat candidates (Ticking this box means all candidates that were previously assigned seats will be resat according to the other rules you have defined.)
- Which examinations to seat (useful if you want to leave a gap between exams)
Click 'Auto Assign Seats' to save your changes. The new layout will be displayed in the seating overview along with the candidate numbers and names.
You can seat candidates one by one by clicking the 'Seat individual Candidate' button in the seating overview and choosing where they will sit. It will also display any candidates' extra time and access arrangements.
Please note: This will override any seats assigned using the auto function.
Once you have assigned all your candidates to the exam they have been entered into, the Seated candidates field will turn green in the Assign seats page.
If you want to change a room layout after candidates have been seated, you will have to unseat all the candidates in that room. To do this, or you would just like to unseat candidates, complete the steps below.
Go to Timetabling > Assign Seats and click the exam.
On the next page, click the red Unseat All candidates button to remove all candidates.
You can also click the grey Unseat Candidates button to unseat individual candidates or full exam papers.
You can also unseat candidates from School > Examinations > Timetabling > Allocate Exam Rooms > Select the exam.
To unseat candidates, select the candidates you would like to unseat using the tick boxes next to the candidate names. Click the blue pencil icon and select 'Clear Exam room Allocation'. In the slide over, click Unseat candidates to confirm the unseating and remove the candidates from their seats.