For an overview of how we protect your data, take a look at our website.
We are fully GDPR compliant
To see our full documentation regarding data protection for all our products, read our GDPR FAQ. This covers all our security features, principles, and processes in a digestible format.
It includes a Data Protection Impact Assessment template (DPIA).
You can also download this separately as an editable Word document by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
|Third Party service/vendor||Purpose||Relationship||Entity Country|
|AWS Amazon||Servers/High Availability||Supplier||UK|
|Snowflake||Warehousing and Analytics||Supplier||UK|
|Swyft||Customer Support , customer training and customer onboarding||Subcontractor||UK|
|SBS (School Business Services)||Customer training and customer onboarding||Subcontractor||UK|
|Schools ICT||Customer training and customer onboarding||Subcontractor||UK|
|Somerset County Council||Customer training and customer onboarding||Subcontractor||UK|
|Herts for Learning||Customer training and customer onboarding||Subcontractor||UK|
|Entrust||Customer training and customer onboarding||Subcontractor||UK|
|North Yorkshire County Council||Customer training and customer onboarding||Subcontractor||UK|
|Services 4 Schools||Customer training and customer onboarding||Subcontractor||UK|
We help you to protect your data
Arbor MIS also has a number of tools to help you keep your school GDPR compliant:
- Data quality dashboards to help keep personal data accurate
- User login histories can be viewed by headteachers and system administrators for access control
- Role-based, granular permissions so that, for instance, an individual who can see a student’s child protection status cannot necessarily view or edit documents relating to that status
- Two-factor authentication can be enabled for your staff on request, as well as enforced regular password changes (not available for the Parent Portal or Arbor App): Two-factor authentication
- Subject Access Requests made easy with all information about a data subject (whether staff, student or guardian) possible to download with one button: Downloading Profiles
- Data Retention Dashboards for personal records highlight records that exceed data retention timelines, so they can be deleted in bulk: Managing data retention for your MIS data
We have a comprehensive Information Security Management System
As an MIS provider, we’re very used to handling sensitive information and are an approved government cloud provider on the DfE Cloud Service Providers list.
Although it is extremely rare, if you are concerned there may have been a data breach, please contact us immediately. We will then conduct a thorough investigation.
We have certifications for:
- ISO 9001 - Internationally recognised as the gold standard for Quality Management Systems. It helps organisations ensure that their processes comply with rigorous standards for quality assurance and are measurably effective. Certification requires an independent audit to be passed annually.
- ISO 27001 - International standard for Information Security Management Systems. It contains a large number of controls an organisation must implement, considering everything from how personal information is handled, through to physical security of locations where information is stored or processed. Maintaining certification requires passing an independent audit annually.
- Cyber Essentials - Cyber Essentials is an effective, Government backed scheme that helps protect organisations, whatever their size, against a whole range of the most common cyber attacks.
- PCI DSS - As a secure provider of card payments, Arbor is audited annually for compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). You can read more about this in our PCI Charter.
You can find our certificates by clicking the links below. These certifications mean our security management is audited annually to the highest international standards.
Article is closed for comments.