The DfE have changed the information they’re collecting in their daily form, so we’ve made some changes in Arbor:
- We’ve added in two new attendance codes (SII - Self-isolating internal and SIE - Self-isolating external) to replace the old SI code and allow schools to report on self-isolating due to potential exposure in or out of school.
- You can now use all our current covid-related codes in Interventions.
- Click a measure on the Covid-19 Dashboard to see the attendance notes attached to each student today.
- Attendance certificates now show the code the mark maps to (such as X) rather than the Arbor attendance code.
- All calculations on the Covid-19 Dashboard now exclude nursery pupils, but you can still see how many nursery students are absent by clicking the measure.
- Report on the old SI code in the Custom Report Writer and in Raw Attendance Marks as an archived code.
- We’ve updated our out-of-the-box Covid-19 Related Absences report for schools and our importable MAT templates here.
You can read our full guidance for these changes here.
This year, you’ll need to administer a past version of the check for your year 2 students and return your results to the LA. You can now set up the Autumn 2020 Phonics screening check for your year 2 pupils in Arbor.
It’s simple to add, just go to Students > Assessments > DfE Assessments and click the Load Assessment Template button to add the Autumn term 2020 Phonics screening check.
You can find full guidance on what data you’ll need to submit and how in this article.
What else is new?
- Statutory/roll call fields in the Custom Report Writer now include the word ‘attendance’ to make them easier to find.
- We’ve added new fields for who recorded a medical event and when it was recorded to the Medical Events report.
- We’ve turned the tabs in Enrolment > Teaching Groups into their own separate pages for a faster loading time.
- To see all staff members your workforce census will include, just use our new Custom Report Writer column.
- Teacher targets are now calculated based on the end date of an assessment period rather than splitting the year equally, as students should make more progress in spring and summer combined than in autumn.
- We’ve made a few more tweaks to how the club signup page looks for parents, including displaying the number of sessions registered for already and those that have outstanding payments.
More features to help you track and drill down into attendance, plus we’ve got further improvements to how our staff and HR KPI calculations work and the ability to analyse your assessments for all your schools is on the way.
My Homepage will be a new personalised space within Arbor for Teaching Staff to help them keep up-to-date with all their students at a glance. Plus, live alerts and to-do lists will help to speed through admin between lessons.