Some queries and errors can only be resolved on Census day. You won't be able to get rid of them before the Census Day.
To resolve them, complete the relevant section from the left-hand menu in your Census. Check you've completed these sections, then regenerate your census.
- Error 1310: The number of free school meals taken is missing.
- Query 1878: No infant pupils are recorded as having a school lunch on census day
- Query 3080Q: Take up of school lunches for pupils in reception (plus pupils aged 4 in year 'X') is 50% or fewer. A reason must be provided why 50% or fewer of reception pupils took a school lunch on census day
- Query 3085Q: Take up of school lunches for pupils in year 1 (plus pupils aged 5 in year 'X') is 50% or fewer. A reason must be provided why 50% or fewer of pupils in year 1 took a school lunch on census day
- Query 3090Q: Take up of school lunches for pupils in year 2 (plus pupils aged 6 in year 'X') is 50% or fewer. A reason must be provided why 50% or fewer of pupils in year 2 took a school lunch on census day
Follow the instructions below. Click here for further details from the DfE.
Resolving the errors
1878, 3080, 3085 and 3090
On the left-hand side of any Census page, you can see a section for Meals if you have Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 students. Before census day, you won’t be able to complete this section. This is what the page will look like before census day:
We recommend inputting this section manually. This will not affect the meals registers elsewhere in Arbor.
To manually set the statuses, click the boxes next to the students who have taken a UFSM school lunch on census day. Then click the blue pencil icon to Set as School Lunch taken.
Then return to the Census Meals page by clicking Meals from the left-hand menu.
Click the boxes next to the students who have not taken a UFSM school lunch on census day. Then click the blue pencil icon to select School Lunch NOT taken.
When you have completed selecting the right choices, they should all say Yes or No.
1310 - Spring census only
On census day, the DfE asks you to return information for the number of free school meals taken on census day. Pupils are ‘FSM’ eligible where they meet the ‘FSM’ eligibility criteria and make a claim. Click here to take a look at the DfE’s guidance on how a student qualifies for free school meals.
You will need to manually add the correct number. You can do this by clicking the Free Meals Taken field to add in the total number of free school lunch meals taken by students with FSM eligibility at lunchtime on census day.
- If the lunchtime situation on census day is abnormal, please see the DfE’s Unusual circumstance guidance.
- If you have boarders, include both day and boarding pupils to reflect what occurred on census day.
Make sure the number you are recording in this section includes:
- Any students who are Free School Meals in year 3 or above
- Any students who are Free School Meals and who are also entitled to Universal Free School Meals.
To avoid errors, such as 1320, do not include any students who receive free meals due to the Universal Infant Free School Meal entitlement only.
I still have errors
Make sure to regenerate your census.
If you've completed the Meals section on the left-hand side of your census and are still getting queries 1877Q (checking that the number of meals taken should be above 95%), 3080Q, 3085Q or 3090Q you can submit your census.
Be sure to add a note when submitting to explain the numbers.