Some DfE validation Queries and errors can only be resolved on Census day itself. You won't be able to get rid of them before the Census Day.
Most of these errors can usually be resolved on census day or later by completing the relevant section from the left-hand menu in your Census. Be sure to click into the left-hand menu to check you've completed these sections, then regenerate your census.
- Query 1878: No infant pupils are recorded as having a school lunch on census day
- Query 3080Q: Take up of school lunches for pupils in reception (plus pupils aged 4 in year 'X') is 50% or fewer. A reason must be provided why 50% or fewer of reception pupils took a school lunch on census day
- Query 3085Q: Take up of school lunches for pupils in year 1 (plus pupils aged 5 in year 'X') is 50% or fewer. A reason must be provided why 50% or fewer of pupils in year 1 took a school lunch on census day
- Query 3090Q: Take up of school lunches for pupils in year 2 (plus pupils aged 6 in year 'X') is 50% or fewer. A reason must be provided why 50% or fewer of pupils in year 2 took a school lunch on census day
On the left-hand side of any Census page, you can see a section for Meals if you have Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 students. Before census day, you won’t be able to complete this section. This is what the page will look like before census day:
The DfE wants to know which Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 students have taken their Universal Free School Meal Entitlement on census day.
If you use the Meals module of Arbor in the standard way, you can automatically set the school lunches taken. However, this will only work if you’ve set up different meal provisions on your site.
Your teachers or admins will have also needed to have selected a meal for each student in the meal registers on census day.
- Any student that has been given a meal on census day with the Meal type of ‘Absent’ or ‘A packed meal the student has brought with them’ will automatically be set as having not taken a lunch (No).
- Any student that has been given a meal on census day with the Meal type of ‘A packed meal prepared by the school’ or ‘A hot meal prepared by the school’ will automatically be set as having taken a lunch (Yes).
For example in the class below, Carmen will be automatically set to No, and Bethany and Yvonne’s will automatically be set to Yes.
To set the meals automatically, click the green button at the top to ‘Auto set School Lunch taken’ for all the listed students. You can also set the meals manually if you’re not sure if your school has set up and records meals correctly, to avoid any mistakes being made.
To manually set the statuses, click the boxes next to the students who have taken a UFSM school lunch on census day. Then click the blue pencil icon to ‘Set as School Lunch taken’.
The Census collects information from your site as it was on the date of census day, so make sure you add the students’ meals as they occurred on census day.
Then return to the Census Meals page by clicking Meals from the left-hand menu.
Click the boxes next to the students who have not taken a UFSM school lunch on census day. Then click the blue pencil icon to select School Lunch NOT taken.
When you have completed selecting the right choices, they should all say Yes or No.
If you've completed the Meals section on the left-hand side of your census and are still getting queries 1877Q (checking that the number of meals taken should be above 95%), 3080Q, 3085Q or 3090Q you can submit your census. Be sure to add a note when submitting to explain the numbers.