The Early Years Foundation Stage Profile (EYFSP) is optional for 2021, for schools on either the existing framework or Early Adopter framework. You can see more information from the DfE on this here.
- To set up and manage DfE Assessments you'll need the School: Assessments: Administer permission
- To add marks in you'll need the School: Assessments: View permission or one of the Student Profile: Assessments: Administer All/My Students permissions.
If you don't have the permission, you'll need to ask your admin team to give you permission using these instructions.
Setting up the assessment
Go to Students > Assessment > DfE Assessment.
Click the green Load Assessment Template button and choose the correct template from the drop-down menu:
- If your school is still on the existing framework, select Foundation Stage Profile.
- If your school is an early adopter, select Foundation Stage Profile (Early Adopter).
Return to your standardised assessment dashboard and click +Add to create a new assessment in whichever version you're running.
Fill in the slide over with the students who will be taking the assessment, and add a date. Please do not set your assessment date as the year before the assessment takes place. This is to prevent issues when uploading the CTF file to NCA tools, as they will not be able to process the file properly if the assessment date is not in the same year as the assessment is taking place.
Marking the assessment
Clicking the assessment will then allow you to edit the assessment, analyse the assessment data or input marks.
When inputting marks, click on the blank box to select a grade to input. You can also bulk upload marks by ticking the box beside students who all have the same mark and bulk updating these.
What marks can be used?
For schools on the existing framework, you can select between grades 1, 2, 3 or A. You can read more about grading in the 2019 early years foundation stage: assessment and reporting arrangements on page 6.
For schools that are Early Adopters of the new framework, you can select between grades 1, 2 or A. You can read more about grading in the Early adopter schools: EYFS profile handbook on page 19.
Exporting the assessment marks via CTF to send to NCA tools or the LA
To export the results via CTF go to Students > Assessments >DfE Assessments > Export Results.
Click +Add in the Current Assessment Results CTF Exports section and update the slide over with the data you want to export.
- Export Type - Choose the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Destination - Here you need to choose whether the CTF will be sent to either the Local Authority or the Testing Agency.
- Year Group - Select Reception, or leave this part blank if you want all the students that took the test to be chosen.
- Include only students enrolled on - This section automatically chooses the current date however you might have a student that has un-enrolled since the test was done. Make sure that the date reflects the enrolment date that includes all students who sat the test.
When happy with the settings, click the green Export button.
The CTF will then show as processing. You'll receive a notification when this is ready to download.
If you refresh your page, the CTF will show as Ready for download. Click where it says Ready for download.
Scroll down to the bottom of the slide over and click Download.
The file will then download to your computer, ready for you to send off. Do not open the file.
Sharing End of Year reports with guardians
To print out the results to send to guardians you will need to print out the end of year reports. Go to Export Results from the left-hand menu then click the End Of Year Reports button on the right-hand side of the page.
Use the Bulk generate reports section to download a report for an entire year group, or use the Download report for single student section to create an individual report.
- If your school is still on the existing framework, select End of EYFS Results.
- If your school is an early adopter, select End of Year EYFS Results (Early Adopter).
Click the green button when you're ready to download.
An individual report will download right away, but you'll need to wait for a notification to download reports in bulk.
Parents cannot see these reports in the Parent Portal or Arbor App. Although it isn't possible to Mail Merge pdfs in Arbor, there are two methods you could use to share reports online:
- Upload passwords or links into Arbor as User-defined fields and create a custom report, then send the details to students via a Mail Merge email.
- Share them outside of Arbor using email from a Sharepoint.
Please note we'll be unable to support with third-party systems, but feel free to jump over to the Community to get help from other schools.