Detentions now have room capacities
No more overbooked detentions! If you’ve given the room a maximum capacity, students assigned to a full detention session are now added to the next available session of the same type. If you haven’t assigned a detention to a room, or haven’t set the room capacity, you’ll still be able to add an unlimited number of students.
When manually adding students to a detention, you can’t select any full detention sessions, and you can see which session each student will be added to. Top Tip: Students are prioritised into a session based on the order you select them.
See how assigning detentions work now: Adding students to detentions with a room capacity
We’ve made some more improvements to the login pages! We’ve changed the look of the page where you set your password, made the messages users see when they can’t log in clearer (such as when they’ve put in an incorrect password), and improved the instructions in the pop-up boxes for resetting a password.
Use the bulk actions to log a behaviour incident right from the Students > Attendance > Latecomers page. Top Tip: If you have automatic workflows set up, you can use these to automatically assign detentions or notify staff or guardians.
We also now include behaviour incident details when downloading the student profile - date, severity, behaviour type and narrative, not just behaviour points and detentions.
What else is new?
- Registration groups are now shown on the Student > Attendance > Absences > Correlated/Sibling Absence Report to help you distinguish between students with the same name.
- Staff can now record their own Covid-19 test results from My Items > My Covid-19 Tests. Top Tip: Get staff to try switching to Desktop mode if they need to record results using a phone.
- List 99 is now the Children’s Barred List - we’ve added this as a check type and added it to the Single Central Record.
- Filters are saved on the School > All Staff > Absences page - you can bookmark the URL and come back to it later.
- You can no longer change the properties such as the category of Meal, Trip and Club account types once they’ve been set up, e.g. you can’t change the Meal account to an Ad Hoc account.
- If you want to use Two-factor authentication, we recommend Google Authenticator. But you can use other authentication applications instead, such as Microsoft Authenticator or Authy!
- Only Primary guardians can log into the Parent Portal/App to read in-app messages, so we’ve removed the ability to send Legal guardians an in-app message.
- When sending a new mail merge communication, you can now click + to edit your recipient list.
- Drill down all the way to individual students or staff on the Group MIS Analytics pages, then click to access their profile on the school site.
You’ll be able to show display grades on report cards and omit certain subjects from Report Cards for students with no marks.
We’re improving the staff HR areas for more accurate KPI calculations, and adding a Group MIS Single Central Record.
You’ll also be able to set up assessments on all your schools’ sites at the click of a button then analyse results with group versions of our analysis pages.