Click the link at the bottom of the article to download a PDF version of this update.
Pastoral notes on lesson dashboards
Pastoral notes can now be displayed on the lesson dashboard. To turn this feature on, go to School > Programs > Courses > Courses Administration > Lesson Settings.
New Group KPIs
We have introduced two new measures for your group MIS Dashboard:
- FTE (Full Time Equivalent) staff - how many full-time staff members your staff’s working hours correspond to
- Student to FTE teacher ratio - view on average across the trust how many students there are for each teacher
These features are great for calculating costs, planning and budgeting. You can also ensure that enough teachers are recruited for the number of students you have. Just go to Analytics > Staff/HR > Context.
We’ve released our new Staff Development area which includes the ability to create objectives and complete appraisals. These features can help address areas for improvement to increase performance and staff confidence, which in turn improves the outcomes of students’ education.
Take a look at our blog post for how these features can help you align staff development across your multi-academy trust.
Distinguish between slightly and significantly below targets
We have added a fourth judgement grading to marksheets and report cards! Alongside at or above target, you can now distinguish between students working ‘slightly below’ and ‘significantly below’ their targets. This gives you a clear visual indication of students that might benefit from an intervention.
What else is new?
- We’ve made a few tweaks to the Bulk Edit Marks pages. You can now choose to display Year Group and Registration form using the filters. Column headers now display periods. If no periods are set up, you'll see the time slot. We’re looking to retire the old Bulk Edit Marks page soon, so if you have any feedback for the new page we’d love to hear your ideas!
- Payouts received from card payments in Arbor will now show up on bank statements as `PYMNT FOR URN=<School URN>’, meaning your trust can now tell which school money has come from.
- School > Timetable > Sites & Rooms > Room changes now displays the session lead affected by a room change.
- You can view a student’s past enrolment in other schools from Student Profile > Attendance > Previous schools.
Group Permissions and Custom Report Writer
We’ll be improving our Group MIS permissions to make them more granular, allowing your staff to complete as many actions as possible while maintaining the correct levels of safety and data protection. This will include adding permissions to the Group Custom Report Writer, dashboard KPIs and group actions. We’re also adding standardised assessment fields such as SATs & EYF Profile results to the Custom Report Writer.
Target Judgement Rules
Following on from the improvements to judgement grading (see above), you’ll soon be able to define Target Judgement Rules for each assessment. This means you’ll be able to adjust the points at which Arbor shows whether a student is significantly below, slightly below, at or above their target.
You’ll soon be able to create data collection policies, allowing you to set when certain assessment marks should be collected and by who.
We’ll be introducing the ability to record, save and submit observations using a template created by you. This includes creating your own gradeset, themes and strands to be observed.
If you want to propose your own improvement idea, contact our Customer Support Team.
An article like this is published every other Friday in the Updates section of our Help Centre.