The Headline - No more cut off pop-ups
As part of our work towards making Arbor fully responsive for all users on mobile, we’ve improved how our pop-ups scale with screen size.
We’re still improving this for Android and Safari on iPhone, but this means that guardians with iPhones will no longer need to use a desktop computer or laptop to log into the Parent Portal for the first time or to reset their password. They can just click the link in the email, choose their password, accept the terms & conditions and log in. We recommend then switching over to the App.
Not using the Parent Portal and App? See how to get started here.
What else is new?
- All schools can now share aggregate attendance data with the DfE to help track the impact of Covid-19. You’ll still need to complete the daily attendance form and school census returns, but you can see full details on how to switch on the sync here.
- If you have two students using the same seat during a sitting, their names used to be printed on top of each other in the seating plan. Now, it prints two seating plans and splits the sitting. We’ve also added the start and end time for each pupil!
- Different staff roles are eligible for different types of absence, so we’ve renamed the Time off for dependent absence category to Time off for dependent (unpaid) to make it clearer this maps back to Unpaid authorised absence, and added a new category for Time off for dependent (paid) that maps back to the DfE category of Other paid authorised absence.
- We now show the exam series on the Exams > Entries > Entries Conflicts page, so you can more easily distinguish between duplicate entries and students doing resits.
- If you’re creating a Custom Report Writer report about staff (Staff, Staff Contract Post or Staff Absence), you can now report on their Nationality.
You’ll be able to see attainment in My Classroom, plus set targets and track student attainment against them on the Group MIS.
We’ll be adding a date field to allow you to record a staff member’s Continuous service date, plus we’ll be adding more features for Staff HR reporting for your Group MIS staff.