Communicating with guardians
You can now send emails, SMS or in-app messages to specific primary guardians using the bulk actions on the Students > Parents & Guardians > Parent Portal Usage page. This replaces the previous Email Guardians option to give you more choices for the communication type - great for sending bespoke welcome emails or saving money by only sending SMS to specific users.
In Guardian Consultations you can also now send communications in bulk. Just click All Meetings in the left-hand menu, tick the guardians to communicate with and click the blue pencil icon to select your communication type. Top Tip: Click the Time Slot column header to bring all guardians who haven’t yet booked a meeting to the top.
Continuous service start date
Record staff’s continuous service start date in the Contracts section of their staff profile. To do this on a school site, you’ll need the All staff: Contract management permission, or on a Group site, the Contract management: All Group Staff permission.
Need to check who’s missing this data? Create a Custom Report Writer Staff report and add the Continuous service start date column.
What else is new?
- You can now use Local Authority bank accounts when setting up Card Payments.
- In Marks (By Date) on the student profile, we now show double lessons in the periods both before and after midday, so you can easily see where a student was at any point in time.
- When viewing incomplete registers, these are now displayed on a separate Incomplete Registers page to your classes.
- Northamptonshire schools should update their LA in time for the summer census. If you have the General Admin: Administer permission, update this from School > School Details.
- We’ve updated 3 attendance page names - Bulk Edit Marks Beta is now called Bulk Edit Marks Advanced, and Historic Registers is now called Registers by Date. This makes knowing what each page is for clearer - for example, you can use Registers by Date to view any date, not just historic registers.
With our new data collections feature, you’ll be able to set deadlines and reminders for teachers to enter the marks, plus enable leaders to check and approve the marks.
Need to sometimes pull a student out of their lessons? You’ll soon be able to quickly add in an Ad-hoc Intervention to track this. Plus, you’ll be able to see intervention notes on the student profile.
Communications from the Group MIS
We want trust leaders to be able to easily communicate with staff, students and guardians across their schools, so we’re working on adding this feature to the Group MIS.
We’re improving the process for importing from TimeTabler, so you can see what steps you’ve completed so far, and more easily map your classes to the right ones in Arbor.