Click the link at the bottom of the article to download a PDF version of this update.
We’ve made so many improvements to exams it’s hard to keep track! Here are some of our favourites:
- Lesson Dashboards now highlight when a student may be absent due to being scheduled for an exam.
- When you click the Seat Individual Candidates button, the candidate’s existing seat, extra time and Access Arrangements are shown - great if you want to seat these candidates first!
- Potential clashes for students or groups are shown before a candidate is seated. Go to Timetabling > Allocate Exam Room > Select the exam to check there are no clashes in your exams!
- See what the label arrangement and paper size will be when selecting the page layout of candidate labels.
- We’ve improved the Internal/External Candidates pages to allow searching for Candidate Number or Year Group. We've also added a Candidates in filter to Internal Candidates.
- Seating plans now show the examinations taking place in that sitting so Exams Officers know which exam the printed plan is for.
- New Access Arrangements are available including Braille, enlarged papers and alternative sites.
We’ve updated the Candidate entry processes:
- Change the Non-EDI award series candidate(s) are entered into in bulk in Exams > Qualifications > Non-EDI > Award.
- Withdraw and re-enter candidates from awards and learning units using bulk action. Just go to Exams > Qualifications > EDI/Non-EDI, then select the award or learning unit.
There are more filters in the Behaviour module. In Behaviour Incidents you can group by Assignee, Reporter, Course or Type. In Point Awards you can group by Created by, Awarded by, Category or Course.
What else is new?
- Instead of Take Register and Reopen Register, you can now take and reopen registers using the Take Register button.
- Preview what mail merge letters will look like as a PDF before sending them out.
- New fonts are available for mail merge emails and letters.
- Select Sum for summary rows in the Custom Report Writer.
You’ll soon be able to create data collection policies, allowing you to set when certain assessment marks should be collected and by who.
We’ll be introducing the ability to record, save and submit observations using a template created by you. This includes creating your own grade sets, themes and strands to be observed.
New Parent Portal features
You’ll soon be able to view behaviour incidents and email and SMS communications on the Parent Portal.
New Group Permissions
We’ll be making our Group MIS permissions more granular, allowing your staff to complete as many actions as possible while maintaining the correct levels of safety and data protection. This will include adding permissions to the Group Custom Report Writer, dashboard KPIs and group actions. We’re also adding standardised assessment fields such as SATs & EYF Profile results to the Custom Report Writer.
Take a look at our article for what this means for your MAT.
Assessment mark entry
New permissions will help you lock down staff access and ability to edit baselines and targets. We’re also adding more ways to customise assessments including renaming targets, and introducing ways to show when a mark was not required for the student or that they were absent at the time of assessment.
If you want to propose your own improvement idea, contact our Customer Support Team.
An article like this is published every other Friday in the Updates section of our Help Centre.