The Headline - Arbor language
We want to make sure names for things are clear in Arbor, without disrupting how you use our features. Here are the recent changes:
- Our SENCos let us know they’d prefer a different term to Cause for Concern, so we’ve renamed this SEN status to Monitoring. The mapping to the DfE N code (no special educational needs) will stay the same, you’ll just see Monitoring where Cause for Concern used to be in reports.
- The DfE will begin referring to Fixed Period Exclusions as 'suspensions' from Autumn 2021. We won’t be changing the terminology in Arbor, but future censuses will display both names so you can make sure you’re submitting the correct data.
- We’ve renamed the HPV (Cervical Cancer) immunisation type to Human Papillomavirus (HPV).
- London Fringe has been corrected to Fringe for pay scales.
What else is new?
- You can now purchase SMS credits in a bundle of 250,000 - our cheapest deal yet at just 2.5p per credit. Purchase this bundle by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’ve improved our TimeTabler import, allowing you to choose whether to map or import each class and prevent duplicates. We’re working on Non-Teaching Activities next!
- You can now see the location of events in the Day calendar view - useful when using the Parent or Students Portals on a tablet where you can’t hover over for a pop-up.
- Teachers’ names now display in the Student Portal as salutation, surname e.g. Mr Smith.
- Record next of kin for Group MIS staff members if you have the Basic HR Details: Administer All Group Staff permission. Find your staff member from Group Staff > Browse Staff, then just click +Add in the Next of Kin section.
Teachers will be able to choose which summative marks to display against students in My Classroom. We’re also adding the optional Early Years Foundation Stage Profile for early adopter schools.
We want Trust leaders to be able to easily email staff, students and guardians across their schools, so we’re working on adding this feature to the Group MIS. Plus, we’re adding even more fields to Group MIS staff profiles to help you track their absences.