There's a number of reasons why parents may be struggling to log in to the Arbor App. Please attempt these steps before raising an issue with our Customer Support:
- Go to the guardian’s profile and check the email address is the one the guardian is using to log in with.
- Make sure the parent is a Primary Guardian of the student, as only people who are Primary Guardians of a child can access the Arbor App or Parent Portal.
- Check the email address the guardian is using has not also been used on a student or staff profile.
- Make sure the login email was sent to less than 96 hours ago. If it was sent more than 96 hours ago, the password creation link will have expired. Send out a new password reset link.
- Manually reset the guardian’s password in the user details section of the profile, then have the guardian choose their own password when they log in.
- Make sure you have enabled the Parent Portal. Parents can only use the Arbor App if the school already has the Parent Portal enabled.
- Make sure they have input the birthday of one of their children the first time they have accessed the App or Parent Portal.
- Make sure they have agreed to the Terms & Conditions the first time they have accessed the App or Parent Portal.
- They must be using at least Android 5.0 or iOS 10.0 in order for the Arbor App to function properly.
Please remember that we do not advise parents directly, so if they need to pass issues on to your school, ask them for the type and model of phone they are using, e.g. an iPhone SE.
Please also ask for screenshots or a screen recording of the issues they are experiencing. On an iPhone SE, you can enable this on your control panel by going to Settings > Control Centre > Customise Controls.