Click the link at the bottom of the article to download a PDF version of this update.
Improvements to our School Assessment Measures
We’ve added some more features to our School Assessment Measures to help track bespoke key assessment statistics. Take a look at our Help Centre article for full guidance.
- See the students in each group and take further actions by clicking a measure.
- Select which of your measures are your key measures for at-a-glance tracking of your most important statistics. Other measures can be seen in the All Measures tab.
- Copy your school assessment measures from one year to the next once you’ve copied your assessments over and completed the New School Year Setup.
- See and resolve discount scheme code conflicts for Exam Entries in Examinations > Candidate Entries > Entries Conflicts.
- Manually link orphan awards and units by going to Students > Examinations > Setup > Qualification Offering. Select the award, then click the green Qualification Offering button, then in the manual section click to add a unit or an award to link.
- See candidate’s access arrangements grouped together in a simple grid in Examinations > Access Arrangements. Clicking a cell allows you to edit the access arrangement.
What else is new?
- See what percentage of your students are working Below, At/Above or Above their targets for all assessments selected in the Overview section of the table on the Below, At or Above Analysis page.
- Add a Safeguarding Note and pin it to the top of a student’s Student Profile and the Lesson Dashboard.
- There are now two new permissions to record incidents or allocate behaviour points, but to not be able to see or edit any other information - Behaviour: Log behaviour incident and Behaviour: Log point award. You can add these to users if needed as an ad-hoc permission.
- We’ve improved some of our terminology for Club and Trip invoices - Total Paid is now called Amount paid, and is the sum of all successful payments minus the sum of all successful refunds. Amount credited is a new field, and is the sum of all credit notes raised towards the invoice. Outstanding balance is now called Amount outstanding.
- The Fixed Period Exclusions pages now take into account any planned absences in the Number of Days excluded figure.
We’ve been working hard to introduce new and improved features to our newer analysis pages and we’ve got more improvements planned for the future, so we’re going to be retiring our old Legacy Summative Analysis features.
We have been asked by several of our secondary schools to allow you to add internal exclusion reasons, so we’re working on this.
To make it easier for you to see cover that is required, arranged and not required, we’re introducing a colour-coded table view.
Group MIS Improvements
We’re working on improving Group Staff Profiles for easier management of your Group staff members’ details and permissions and making the navigation menus easier to use.
To make it easy to see which action to complete next, we’ll be restructuring and rearranging the navigation menus.
If you want to propose your own improvement idea, contact our Customer Support Team.
An article like this is published every other Friday in the Updates section of our Help Centre.