Every profile on the MIS is given a basic ID number. You can see this ID number at the end of the URL for their profile. In a custom report created in the Custom Report Writer, the basic ID is available to select as a column e.g. Student ID.
Because there are three different profile types (staff, guardian and student), it's possible to have multiple profiles with the same basic ID number. You could have a teacher and a student both with the basic ID number 123.
Just using basic ID numbers means that when looking at Custom Reports on the Group MIS, as it's possible that two staff members working at two different schools in the trust could have the same basic ID number as well. You could also have more than one person with the same name, so you'll need a way to identify the individual.
So you can report on and easily identify all staff, students or guardians in all your schools, you can use our Unique IDs.
- These IDs are only shown in custom reports, nowhere else.
- If you are reporting on staff on the Group MIS, only users who have a profile on a school site will be shown, not Group users.
- We recommend using the Globally Unique ID column on the Group MIS. If you use the Unique MIS ID field, you still may have more than one person with the same ID (if there are staff members on different sites with the same basic ID number).
In the school or Group Custom Report Writer, you can choose to add columns for Arbor ID or Globally Unique ID.
If you add the Arbor ID column, this will by default show the basic ID number.
If you edit the column, you can choose whether or not to display the Unique MIS ID instead.
If you tick the Unique MIS ID box, the Arbor ID column will show a combination of the basic number ID and whether the person is a staff member (3), guardian (2) or student (1).
Globally Unique ID
If you add the Globally Unique ID column, this will show an ID that is unique to that individual person across all profile types and schools, so even if two students have the same basic number ID you will be able to distinguish them.
- The global ID begins with the school's ID. In the example above, you can see the IDs begin with uk_demo_cs4, as this has been taken from a demo school site.
- The middle number of the ID tells you whether the person is a staff member (3), guardian (2) or student (1). In the example below, you can see a student Alex Adams has the middle ID number as 1.
- The final digit of the ID is the basic number ID that can be found in the URL or the person's profile.