This course is designed for schools wanting to roll out Arbor's Parental Portal and Arbor App over time. The course is made up of 5 x 1-hour sessions as part of a half termly course.
You will need to attend all 5 sessions to complete the course.
As this is an Arbor Academy session, you will be joining alongside other Schools.
|Session Title||Description/Content||Approx. Duration (in Mins)|
|Session 1: Preparing for engaging with your Parent Community||
Aim of the session is to support schools in preparing for launching the parent portal including some best practice tips and tricks to clean up your Guardian data.
This session covers: using the data quality dashboard for data checks, resolving suspected duplicates, updating information in bulk, data retention policy and cleaning up your school data, ensuring guardian comms status is set correctly, adding and finding Guardian Profiles after migration and editing/adding information to the Guardian profiles.
|Session 2: Setting up the Parent Portal||
An introduction to the Parent Portal and Arbor App.
In this session, you will learn how to set up what the Parent Portal will include (what the Guardians can see), set up and prepare communication templates, send out communications using the Communications module to collect any missing information and to let them know it is coming.
|Session 3: Releasing Parent Portal & Arbor App||
This session covers: enabling Parent Portal for Parents, providing access to the Parent Portal, accepting/rejecting changes to contact information, setting up In App Messaging, sending an In App Messages and managing replies.
|Session 4: Clubs and Trips||
This session covers: creating a club, adding sessions, membership prices and participants, creating new trips, managing trip prices, adding trip participants, recording parental responses and an overview of consents
|Session 5: Parents & Guardian Evening Bookings||
In this final session you will learn how to create a new Guardian Consultation, set staff availability, schedule and book a Timeslot via the office, view consultations from the Parent Portal (how parents view & book), print a staff/guardian timetable, change staff members and cancel individual meetings.
Please note: The timings above are approximate. Actual timings will depend on number of attendees and level of Chat and Q&A interaction from attendees during the session.
How to book if you have already purchased this serviceYou will receive an email from your Account Manager or a member of our Onboarding Team confirming your purchase of an Arbor Academy service. Please use the relevant links below to book your Parental Engagement Course in the table at the end of this section.
Only 1 person per school needs to sign up for the course but once approved you will be able to share the unique link and join from up to three devices (e.g. Laptop, tablet, computer-projector screen).
Once you have used the link to register for the course (more instructions on how to do this below), you will need to wait for confirmation from Zoom which will come via an email with your joining details and a unique session link. You can then click the link to join the session at the specified date and time.
How do I complete the registration form for this session?Step 1 - Click on the relevant link in the table at the bottom of this section for the course you would like to register for.
Step 2 - Complete the Zoom Webinar booking form - you will need your work email address and your school's booking reference code for this. You will be able to see the date and time of all 5 sessions in this step. You only need to book the first session and then you can join all 5 sessions to complete the course.
Please note: Registering for a course due to take place in less than two working days may mean your registration is not approved in time. Please book ahead where possible to prevent re-booking.
Step 3 - Click Register.
Step 4 - You are all registered. You should receive a confirmation email within 3 working days and reminder emails at least 1 week and 1 day before the training.
|Morning Course (Wednesdays 10:00 - 11:00)||Afternoon Course (Tuesdays 13:30 - 14:30)|
Starts: 15th Sept
Last Session: 13th Oct
Starts: 14th Sept
Last Session: 12th Oct
Starts: 10th Nov
Last Session: 8th Dec
Starts: 9th Nov
Last Session:7th Dec
Not Purchased this service yet?If you are interested in purchasing this service, please contact your Account Manager via email@example.com
Before you join the session
- Share the unique joining link with up to 2 other people so they can use two different devices for the session. In order to train more people at once, we would advise booking out a meeting room or similar and displaying the training on a projector and speaker.
- Check you are able to access the session by ensuring Zoom.us is whitelisted at your school and is not blocked by any filters on the device(s) you are joining from.
- Test your Speakers. There is no need for a microphone on this session as all communication from you to the trainer will be via the chat box. However, you will need suitable speakers or headphones to listen to the training.
- Where possible, set up a second device or tab so you can log in to the test site and take part in activities to help consolidate your learning. If you can't do this during the session, you will find some activities in the Post Training Activities Tab above to complete afterwards.
- Put a sign on your door or find a quiet place to join the session from. It's important you are given time to focus on the training without distractions where possible as we will be covering a lot of core content throughout the session. but don't worry we have scheduled in breaks so you can grab a cup of coffee and be back in time for the next bit of training!
Resources to may want to check out before the sessionGetting started with the Parent Portal and Arbor App
Parental Engagement features in Arbor
Parent Portal and Arbor App Settings
Setting up Parents Evenings (Guardian Consultations)
Clubs and Trips
Log into the Test Site to try out these activities after the sessionsSession 1: Preparing for engaging with your Parent Community
- Navigate to the Data Quality Dashboard and resolve a suspected Guardian Duplicate(if you have any).
- Navigate to a Guardian Profile and edit their status to Primary Guardian.
- Navigate to the Data Quality Dashboard and edit a Guardian email address.
- Navigate to the Parent Portal Settings. Select option to turn off and on.
- Navigate to the Data Quality Dashboard and manage a Student Record Change.
- Navigate to the Parent Portal Usage area. Sort the columns to organise students by Year Group. Investigate the bulk edit options.
- Create a Parental Consent and send to a specific Year Group.
- Create a club, assigning a lead staff member and scheduling a time for the club to take place.
- Open a Club membership and make it available on the Parent Portal.
- Add a Consultation for any year group.
- Create the meetings, include a meeting length of 10 minutes and select the Form Tutors.
- Create the staff availability. Make sure you include breaks.
- Book some meeting time slots for at least 2 children.
- Amend a time for 1 of the slots booked.
How do I access a recording of the training?
The person who registered your school for the training will receive an email the following day if they attended the session. This email contains a survey link to share feedback and help us develop our training and links to some pre recorded versions of the training you attended. These videos contain the key content from the session in a more condensed format to make them easier to watch back and share with other people in your school.
If no one from your school attends the session, you will be asked to register for another session and will not receive the recordings until the session has been attended.
If you have attended the session but the person who registered has not receive the recording within 2 working days, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, and state the session and date you attended. We can then resend the follow up email with all the resources.