Delivered online, this service is suitable for all new Primary schools or Special/Alternative schools that function like a Primary.
As this is an Arbor Academy session, you will be joining alongside other Schools.
Meals Setup & Management
|Session Title||Description/Content||Approx. Duration (in Mins)||Who is the session for?|
Setting up a new school meal, creating provisions, setting prices, adding a meal sitting, adding meal sitting attendees, setting student meal patterns, meal choices & dietary requirements, setting account balances
|45||Office Manager, School Administrator, Business Manager
Daily Summary & totals, Dietary requirement report, adding ad hoc student/ staff meals, viewing the meal register & using the printable meal register, managing meal balances, meals reporting etc. Managing changes to student/ staff meals, dietary requirements & individual payment queries
Office Manager, School Administrator, Business Manager
Please note: The timings above are approximate. Actual timings will depend on number of attendees and level of Chat and Q&A interaction from attendees during the session.
How to book if you have already purchased this service?You will receive an email from your Account Manager or a member of our Onboarding Team confirming your purchase of an Arbor Academy service.
Please use the relevant links in the table at the bottom of this section to book your meals training.
Only 1 person per school needs to sign up but once approved, you will be able to share the unique link and join from up to three devices (e.g. Laptop, tablet, computer-projector screen).
Once you have used the links to register for the session (more instructions on how to do this below), you will need to wait for confirmation from Zoom which will come via an email with your joining details and a unique session link. You can then click the link to join the session at the specified date and time.
How do I complete the registration form for this session?Step 1 - Click on this relevant link in the table at the bottom of this section.
Step 2 - Select the Date and time of the session you wish to join. Please note: Registering for a session due to take place in less than two working days may mean your registration is not approved in time. Please book ahead where possible to prevent re-booking.
Step 3 - Complete the fields below and click Register.
Step 4 - you are all registered. You should receive a confirmation email within 3 working days and a reminder email at least 1 week and 1 day before the training.
|Morning sessions (9:00 - 10:30)||Afternoon Sessions (13:30 - 15:00)|
Not Purchased this service yet?If you are interested in purchasing this service, please contact your Account Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you join the session
- Share the unique joining link with up to 2 other people so they can use two different devices for the session. In order to train more people at once, we would advise booking out a meeting room or similar and displaying the training on a projector and speaker.
- Check you are able to access the session by ensuring Zoom.us is whitelisted at your school and is not blocked by any filters on the device(s) you are joining from.
- Test your Speakers. There is no need for a microphone on this session as all communication from you to the trainer will be via the chat box. However, you will need suitable speakers or headphones to listen to the training.
- Where possible, set up a second device or tab so you can log in to the test site and take part in activities to help consolidate your learning. If you can't do this during the session, you will find some activities in the Post Training Activities Tab above to complete afterwards.
- Put a sign on your door or find a quiet place to join the session from. It's important you are given time to focus on the training without distractions where possible as we will be covering a lot of core content throughout the session. but don't worry we have scheduled in breaks so you can grab a cup of coffee and be back in time for the next bit of training!
Resources to may want to check out before the sessionMeals FAQ
Set up meals without payments
Setting Up Meals - A step by step guide
Log into the test site to try out these activities after the training session
1. Create a meal
2. Add Provisions including prices, don't forget FSM and UFSM prices
3. Add a meal sitting
4. Add automatic attendees
5. Edit a meal register
6. View dietary requirements for all students in school
7. View a summary of monthly meal payments
How do I access a recording of the training?
The person who registered your school for the training will receive an email the following day if they attended the session. This email contains a survey link to share feedback and help us develop our training and links to some pre-recorded versions of the training you attended. These videos contain the key content from the session in a more condensed format to make them easier to watch back and share with other people in your school.
If no one from your school attends the session, you will be asked to register for another session and will not receive the recordings until the session has been attended.
If you have attended the session but the person who registered has not received the recording within 2 working days, please contact us via email@example.com, and state the session and date you attended. We can then resend the follow-up email with all the resources.