Welcome to the Arbor eLearning module for the First Time Logging In and Top Tips. This module is suitable for all users.
In this module you will:
- Learn how to log in to Arbor for the first time.
- Understand My Homepage and what is visible for different kinds of users.
- Discover our top tips for using the system.
This module should take around 15 minutes to complete.
Once your Arbor site is ready for you to use, you will receive an email containing the web address that you will use to log in to Arbor going forwards. This email will come from the Arbor Champion at your school, and if you are the Arbor Champion you will receive this information directly from Arbor.
Your school's Arbor URL will be formatted as:
This link will take you to a screen where you can create your login password.
You can set up your password by clicking on the First time logging in? link highlighted on the screenshot above.
This window will then appear. You must enter your work email address into this email address field, and then click the Set Password button. You will then receive an email instructing you how to set up your password. The criteria for passwords in Arbor is as follows:
- The password must be at least 8 characters in length.
- The password must contain at least one letter.
- The password must contain at least one number.
- The password must contain at least one lowercase and one uppercase letter.
Finally, you will need to accept Arbor's Terms and Conditions. You will then have set up everything you need to log in to Arbor!
If you prefer videos, please watch the one we've linked below:
My Homepage is the first screen you will see when you log in to Arbor. What is visible on My Homepage will differ slightly depending on what sort of user you are.
Teaching & Pastoral Staff
To-do list: Your to-do list will show you things like your incomplete registers, outstanding assessment collections, and any cover requests.
- My Students: A personalised view of data relating to your students, allowing you to drill down and view statistics according to the students' demographic information.
- Alerts: Notifications of pastoral notes, detentions, and even student birthdays!
To learn everything you can do on My Homepage as teaching or pastoral staff, please watch the video below:
- School Dashboard: Where you can view Attendance, Behaviour, and Attainment statistics.
- School Notices: An area of the homepage where whole-school notices are visible to all staff members.
- Quick Actions & Shortcuts: Your most important actions are available from an easy-to-use dropdown, and shortcuts to the key areas of Arbor.
To learn more about using My Homepage, please watch the video below:
Our written materials can be found under Further Resources at the bottom of this page.
This video will take you through our Top Tips for brand new Arbor users, including navigating the site, actions from the Arbor Dashboard, and using built-in browser features to maximise your efficiency using Arbor.
If you can't watch this video, or prefer to read written instructions, please find our Top Tips articles in our Further Resources below:
Q1. Who will most teachers receive the Arbor login link from?
a. The school's Headteacher
c. The school's Arbor Champion
d. The school's Business Manager
C. Most teachers (unless they themselves are the Arbor Champion) will receive the login link from their school's Arbor Champion.
Q2. True or False - your password must contain a non-numerical character.
False. You need at least one letter and one number, but we don't require non-numerical characters.
Q3. Where can I find historical student records?
a. Students > All Students > Browse Students
b. Typing their name into the search box > Click the > button on the right > All Results
c. Duplicating the tab
d. Students > Enrolment > Statistics
Q4. Which browser do we recommend you use to access Arbor?
a. Google Chrome
b. Internet Explorer
Ready for the next step? If you're a teacher, go here. If you're an admin, go here.