Are you facing challenges logging into the Parent App or Parent Portal? Before reaching out to your school, use the troubleshooting tips below.
Please note that only parents with a guardian profile added to their school site can use the Parent App, and school staff and teachers cannot access it.
Check your logins
Make sure you are trying to log in using your email address as your username.
Click the Forgot your password? link on your login page to have a reset password email sent to you.
If the email doesn't come through, get in contact with your school to request one. They will be able to manually send you a reset password email from their side or set a new password that you can change when you log in.
Confirm with your school that the email address you're logging in with is the one logged as your username on your account. They can edit this if it is incorrect.
If they have confirmed your email address is correct on their side and the reset password email is still not arriving, get in contact with your school to request they manually send you a reset password email from their side, or set a new password that you can change when you log in.
If your email address is used on more than one school site you may not be able to get a reset password email for the most current site yourself. Please get in contact with the old school to remove or change the email address from that account to prevent further issues in the future.
If it has been over 96 hours since the email was sent, the link will not work and you will need to have the reset link sent again.
- Try logging in from the login page for your school or our generic login page.
- Try resetting your password from the login page for your school or our generic login page.
- Get in contact with your school to request a password change. They will be able to manually send you a reset password email from their side or set a new password that you can change when you log in.
Issues with access
Your school has not yet enabled the Parent Portal for you to log in. Your school must already have the Parent Portal enabled to allow you to use the Parent App. If they haven't yet enabled it, you won't be able to log in.
You'll need to get in contact with your school to ask them to turn it on.
If you get a message that your account is suspended, you won't be able to log in. You'll need to contact your school and ask them if they can enable your account.
You will see a blank screen or error message on the Parent App if your profile has not been linked to any students. Ask your school you check:
- what type of guardian they have recorded you as - only people who are marked as Primary Guardians of a child can access the Parent App or Parent Portal for their children.
- that they have linked you to your children
- that they have not mistakenly created duplicate profiles with your email address
Make sure you have agreed to the Terms & Conditions the first time you have accessed the App or Parent Portal.
Make sure you have input your child's date of birth.
If you're being logged into the wrong account, this means your school has mistakenly logged your email address on another guardian, student or staff member's profile.
Get in contact with your school to fix this - they will need to remove or change the email address on the account to enable you to log into the right account. They will also need to check there are no duplicate guardian profiles.
If you are receiving a message on the Parent App login screen that your email or password are incorrect, please check if you can login from login.arbor.sc on a web browser.
If you can login via login.arbor.sc but not into the Parent App, please check you are using the latest version of the app - if you are, you'll see the version number on the login screen.
- If you can't see the version number, please download the latest version.
- If you can see the version number but can't log in, see the None of these steps worked section below.
If you can't login via login.arbor.sc:
- Try resetting your password.
- If you don't receive a password reset email or you still can't login after resetting your password, see the None of these steps worked section below.
Check your system
Parents can use either the Parent App or Parent Portal on mobile, although the Parent App may provide a more optimised user experience.
I am using Parent Portal
- Ensure you are using one of our supported browsers.
- Try refreshing your browser by clearing the cache and cookies related to Arbor.
I am using the Parent App
- You must be using at least Android 5.0 or iOS 13.0 in order for the App to function properly.
- If you don't see the version number on the Parent App login screen, you are using an old app version - please download the latest version.
None of these steps worked
If none of these steps results in you being able to log in, please follow the instructions here: Can Arbor Support help parents and guardians directly?