Important notice on this feature
The DfE are no longer collecting attendance data using this service. To avoid sending data unnecessarily, you cannot give consent and enable this data export.
We have automatically removed consent and stopped sending the data for schools that previously gave consent.
Go to School > Data > Export > Attendance API Submissions.
While active, Arbor sent the following data every day, plus data from the previous 7 days:
- The year groups in your school - based on the National Curriculum year group set
- URN (your school number) - you can see this in School > School Details
- Total number of AM and PM Roll Call attendance marks for each attendance code, for students
- Total number of AM and PM Roll Call attendance marks for each year group, for students
- The total number of pupils on roll
- How many pupils are enrolled in each year group
Changes to attendance marks made more than 8 days prior to the export were not sent.
The table below the explanation showed a summary of when the data was sent and whether it was received successfully. There should have been a green tick on each row. If any of your data showed without a green tick, you could click to find out why it wasn’t successful.
The data was sent using OAuth and HTTPS- a secure way of sending data, where the DfE API was able to recognise that the data being sent is coming from Arbor using a secure key. We did not send any personally identifiable information, only aggregated pupil data. As there was no personal data being collected there are no GDPR implications.
Article is closed for comments.