For both of these queries, you'll need to make sure the information recorded for the student in Behaviour and attendance is correct:
- 2485Q: Pupil attendance indicates they are excluded but no exclusion is recorded.
- 2588Q: Pupil attendance for second half of summer term indicates they are suspended or permanently excluded but no suspension or permanent exclusion is recorded.
What to check and update
You'll need to know whether the student should have an exclusion recorded or not.
Go to the student's profile and click on Attendance > Marks (By Date) on the left. Make sure your looking at the Roll Call attendance tab, not Lesson by Lesson.
- If the student was not excluded, make sure no attendance sessions have been recorded as E.
- If the student was excluded, make sure the right sessions are marked with E.
Once you have checked this, go to Behaviour on the student's profile and click on the Exclusion tab.
- If the student was not excluded, make sure you remove the log of the exclusion.
- If the student was excluded, make sure an exclusion has been recorded for the date of the E marks. If there isn't one then click on the +Add button to add it.
- If it's a Permanent Exclusion, click into the exclusion to make sure Exclude from school census is set to No. If this says yes, edit the exclusion and untick this box.
What to do if a student has an exclusion that starts in one term, and continues into the next term
Query 2485Q will be triggered if a student has an exclusion that runs from one term into another (for example, the exclusion began at the end of the Spring term, but did not end until after the Summer term started).
Where this has happened for a student, a validation note will need to be provided to explain the circumstances. Click here to download the DfE's list of acceptable notepad entries
In this instance, you will not be able to resolve the query.