Far too often we’ve seen schools struggle with a mixture of asking parents to check letters, payment systems, booking systems, and report cards. We know that it’s not always possible for parents to access a computer, making it hard for them to keep up-to-date with all the information they need. This causes a lot of manual work for schools and makes it hard for parents to keep on top of everything.
Say goodbye to paper slips and emails - the Parent Portal and Arbor App let parents register their child for a club or trip, book parents evening slots, and manage payments all from their phone or computer. Parents can also check in on their child’s attendance, behaviour and progress.
Plus, your school can communicate with parents for free using our In-App Messaging feature. Take a look at this article to learn more about using In-app messages.
How can the Parent Portal and Arbor App help you?
- Compile all your apps into one place
- Stay in touch with parents easily
- Share important updates
- Have parents get in contact with you quickly
- Manage payments
What is the Parent Portal?
The Parent Portal is our version of Arbor accessible to guardians on a laptop or computer.
What is the Arbor App?
The Arbor App is the mobile version of our Parent Portal, for use on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
If your school has switched on the Parent Portal, guardians can download the App and begin using it straight away.
To see how you can benefit from using the Arbor App, read our blog post.
How can we start using the Parent Portal and Arbor App?
The Arbor App and Parent Portal are available as part of the Comms and Perform MIS packages, or as a stand-alone module. To find out how to upgrade your package, just email your Account Manager or our Customer Support Team.
If you're already on Comms or Perform but have not yet begun using Parent Portal, you’re almost ready to go! You’ll just need to set up the Parent Portal in Arbor first. Find out how by reading our help article.
What support does Arbor provide?
To safeguard student data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), we only work directly with schools. Advise your parents that they should contact you if they have any questions about Arbor, the Arbor App or Parent Portal.
- For more guidance on setting up and managing the parent portal from your side, take a look at the Admin section of our Help Centre here: Parent Portal and Arbor App for Admin
- To help guardians using the Arbor App and Parent Portal, we’ve added a special section to our Help Centre just for guardians. You can also take a look to see what the Parent Portal and Arbor App looks like from their side here: Parent Portal and Arbor App as a parent
Parents can also access this section of the Help Centre by clicking Help in their Parent Portal or Arbor App!
Things to consider before you get started
When are you going to be switching on the Parent Portal?
- Do you have a time that would be best to switch the Parent Portal on?
- Do you have lots of different apps at the moment that you need to
- Do your parents already have lots of things they need to sign up for?
- Do you have the time to roll this out now?
Are you going to need a task force? Is the work manageable for one person or do you need a team? Who will you need support from at the school to complete:
- Checking emails
- Contacting guardians
- Planning your switch on
How are you going to advertise the Parent Portal?
- Social media
- Emails, letters
- Drop-in sessions
- Parents evening on the Parent Portal