This queries cannot be resolved until on or after census day. You won't be able to get rid of them before the Census Day.
The queries are:
- Query 1878: No infant pupils are recorded as having a school lunch on census day
- Query 3080Q: Take up of school lunches for pupils in reception (plus pupils aged 4 in year 'X') is 50% or fewer. A reason must be provided why 50% or fewer of reception pupils took a school lunch on census day
- Query 3085Q: Take up of school lunches for pupils in year 1 (plus pupils aged 5 in year 'X') is 50% or fewer. A reason must be provided why 50% or fewer of pupils in year 1 took a school lunch on census day
- Query 3090Q: Take up of school lunches for pupils in year 2 (plus pupils aged 6 in year 'X') is 50% or fewer. A reason must be provided why 50% or fewer of pupils in year 2 took a school lunch on census day
Resolving the errors
To resolve them, go to School > Data > Export > Data Returns and select your census. Make sure you have regenerated your census, and go to Meals from the left-hand menu.
- Spring Census: Only schools with Reception, Year 1 and/or Year 2 students will see the School Lunch Taken section on this page. Other schools will just see the Free Meals Taken section.
- Summer and Autumn Censuses: Schools without primary-age students (secondaries) won't see this menu item and don't need to complete this.
The DfE wants to know which Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 students have taken their Universal Free School Meal Entitlement. Click here for further details from the DfE.
- If the lunchtime situation on census day is abnormal, please see the DfE’s Unusual circumstance guidance.
- Be sure to set any students who are absent or who have chosen to have a packed lunch as No.
We recommend inputting this section manually. This will not affect the meals registers elsewhere in Arbor. Do not use the Auto-set School Lunch Taken button.
To manually set the statuses, click the boxes next to the students who have taken a UFSM school lunch on census day. Then click the Bulk action button to set them as Set as School Lunch taken.
Then return to the Census Meals page by clicking Meals from the left-hand menu.
Click the boxes next to the students who have not taken a UFSM school lunch on census day. Then click the Bulk action button to set them as School Lunch NOT taken.
When you have completed selecting the right choices, they should all say Yes or No. Make sure to regenerate your census for the changes to be applied.
I still have errors
Make sure to regenerate your census.
If you've completed the Meals section on the left-hand side of your census and are still getting queries 1877Q (checking that the number of meals taken should be above 95%), 3080Q, 3085Q or 3090Q you can submit your census.
Be sure to add a note when submitting to explain the numbers.