You may wish to send a letter, SMS or email to congratulate students who have received no negative behaviour points so far for the academic year. This article takes you through the steps to do this.
- To create your custom report you will need the General Admin: Export Data permission.
- To send the communication you will need the Communications: Administer All Students permission.
If you don't have the permission, you'll need to ask somebody to give you permission using these instructions.
Step 1: Create your custom report
First you will need to create a custom report to pull a list of students who have had no negative behaviour incidents so far. Follow these steps to do so:
- Go to School > Custom Report Writer
- Click Create New Report in the top right hand corner of the page
- Select Create New Report
- Give your report a title and select Students in Who or what is this report about?
- Select the date range you wish to use and click Next
- Select Preview Columns and Continue
- Click Continue to Column Sorting
- Click Save and Continue
- In Select Filter search Total Incidents
- In the slide over, set the date range to the one you are using, add the negative incident severities in Only Severity and set the Filter Condition to Equals (=) 0. Click Save
- Click Next
- Click Next again
- Click View Report
Here you will now have a list of students with no negative behaviour points.
Step 2: Create your mail merge communication
Now you have your list of students who have had no negative behaviour points, you are able to send a communication to students or guardians directly from the report. For this example I will send an email to their primary guardians.
First, select the students you wish to send the communication for and select Bulk action > Send Email to Primary Guardians.
You will then be taken to a screen where you can type the text you wish to send. Press the ... button at the top right hand side of the window to select the Merge Fields.
Here you can also attach any documents if you wish.
Once you are happy with your email, click Proceed and then Send now.