Adding new users to your MAT MIS
You'll need the User Details: Manage All Users permission to add new staff to the MAT MIS. If you don't have the permission, you'll need to ask your admin team to give you permission using these instructions.
Go to Group Staff > Browse Staff > MAT Staff Profiles. You will be taken to a list of your existing users on your MAT MIS. Here you can check that the person does not already have a profile.
Go to Group Staff > Add new staff member and fill in the form for the person to be added.
Select Send welcome email/SMS to send the new user a link, via email or SMS, to sign up and set a new password. Then click Next. The new user profile has been created.
When you click Next, you'll be able to set the access this user should have to the School MIS sites connected to your MAT MIS.
- If you want them to be able to log into all your schools, select the first option.
- If you want them to only be associated with specific institutions, select the second option and click the drop-down menu to select the clusters or institutions.
- If the staff member only works for the trust, not in any schools, select No Institutions.
Then click Save.
You will then be taken to the user’s brand new profile.
The MAT Staff Profile
You can add more details to a staff member's profile if needed, for example logging a staff contract, or adding additional roles.
On the main page for the staff member, you can see details about them.
Click +Add to add any details or click anything with the arrow icon, including:
- the staff Abbreviation
- transportation details - Top Tip: You'll need the Transportation: Administer permission to add this, or the Transportation: View permission to just see this field.
- continuous service start date
- next of kin
- and much more
Top Tip: For abbreviations, you aren't able to report on these in bulk in the Custom Report Writer. We won't allow you to enter a duplicate for your MAT staff, but please note that we can't prevent a duplicate between a MAT and School staff abbreviation.
Although contracts are not required for a census (as there is no MAT workforce census through Arbor), you may still want to include contracts for your MAT staff.
You can see how to record this here: Managing Contracts for MAT MIS staff
Without a business role, the user will have no permissions and will be unable to log in or access any of its features.
To add additional business roles, click Roles and Permissions in the left-hand menu. Click '+Add in the Roles and Permissions section. This will open a page where you can select a role for your new user.
Choose a role and select a start date for that role, then click 'Assign role'.
Next, choose whether the staff member is associated with all institutions or not by clicking in the Institution Permissions section.
You can add institutions the user should have access to. Click here to see how to associate them with clusters of institutions or with individual institutions.
Removing staff access
You have a few different options if you want to remove access to your MAT MIS and your schools (if a user has the permission to do this).
- End a staff member's contract(s) and business role(s) - Prevents them from logging into the MAT MIS, doing any actions on the MAT MIS and logging into school MISs from the MAT MIS.
- Deactivating their account - This should be used to remove access temporarily
- Deleting a staff member - This should only be used if the staff member was set up in error, for example, if a staff member was set up twice.
Go to the staff member's profile, and select Contracts from the left-hand menu. Click the End Staff Employment button.
In the slide over, add an end date - this will be the last day they have access to the areas of the MIS included in their business role's permissions.
Go to Group Staff > Browse Staff > MAT Staff Profiles and select the staff member. On their staff profile, click into the Account Details section.
In the slide over, click the Disable Account button.
First, navigate to the user's main staff profile page and scroll to the bottom. Click the Delete field.
In the slide over, chose whether just to delete the contact details or all records of this staff member.