Top Tip: If you want to add a display grade set for reporting the marks differently rather than removing the existing grade set, please see this article: Display grades using different scales on marksheets
It is possible to switch your marking grade set to a new one during the year. This will change the set of assessment marks in all historic data and marks in marksheets for that assessment. You will need to make sure that either:
- You want to change the grades, not just the names for the grades. If you want to change the names, follow these instructions.
- You change the grade set when doing any exports or analysis to the old grade set to make this data accurate - you can do this in the filters of the marksheet or analysis pages.
- Your new marking grade set is easily comparable to the old scale, so the marks are converted correctly. In my example, I want students working at the expected standard for year 1 to be marked with a 1, so when setting up the new grade set, I need to set the grade 1 with a value of 5.
If you want to entirely switch over your assessments to a non-comparable grade set, please see these instructions: Can we change or edit the grade set once the assessment is set up?
Changing the grade set for an assessment
Step 1 - Check and add the grade sets
Go to Students > Assessment > Assessment Framework > Assessment Catalogue and select the assessment.
Check if the grade set you want to use exists in the Marking Grade sets section
- If it does, skip to step 2.
- If it doesn't, click +Add.
Select to create a new grade set.
Add your new grade set name, the grades, and the value in the background of each grade. Tick that this grade set should be the default.
Step 2 - Use the new default
Click into the Default grade set if you need to change the default.
Previously, your marksheets would be marked using the old marking grade set.
Now they will be converted into the new marking grade set.
Top Tip: If you already had the marksheet open, you'll need to click on to a different page and then back into your marksheet for the new grade set to show - refreshing won't change the default.
You can see that the new grade set has also been added to grade set on the Students > Assessment > Assessment Framework > Grade sets page.
Can we change marking grade sets for assessments in bulk?
- You can't change the default grade sets of your assessments in bulk once they've been set up. You'll need to change the grade set for each assessment following step 2 above.
- You can change the default grade set for any future assessments you set up using that grade set from the Students > Assessment > Assessment Framework > Grade sets page.
If you want to set this marking grade set as the default, click the Default grade set field.
Can we copy an existing marking grade set?
Yes, you can - go to Students > Assessment > Assessment Framework > Assessment Catalogue and select the assessment.
Click +Add in the Marking grade sets section, and select to Add an existing grade set.
In the slide over, select the grade set to copy, and select the Copy option. Please note that the Share option will have no effect.
You'll then see the new scale set up, and you can edit the name and other aspects.