In this article, we'll show how to add a national insurance number to a staff member, guardian or student.
- Guardians can add their own details following these instructions: How do I add my National Insurance (NI) number on the Parent Portal?
- Can't add the number? Follow our guidance here: Why can’t I add a National Insurance (NI) Number?
- Identity: Administer All Students - add for students
- Guardians: Administer All/My Students - add for guardians
- All Staff: Basic HR Administration - add for staff
If you don't have the permission, you'll need to ask your admin team to give you permission using these instructions.
Go to the user's profile, and click +Add in the Identity section.
Select Identification Document.
In the slide over, select that the Type is National Insurance Number. Add in the details, then clickAdd document.
To edit the NI number, or attach a document, click on the number.
Click Edit to make changes or delete the record.