There are some keyboard accessibility options in Arbor that mean you don't always need to use the mouse!
To do this, you need to scroll through the button options by pressing the Tab key, then press the Enter key when the correct button is highlighted.
Example 1 - Returning to your homepage
You can return to the school dashboard at any time by clicking on the School logo in the top left-hand corner. You can also return here by pressing the Tab key until your school logo is highlighted (like the below image).
Once this is highlighted, you can press Enter to return to your school dashboard.
Example 2- Using the +Add button
You can press the Tab key until the + Add button is highlighted (as shown below)
Then press Enter on your keyboard to open the slide-over to enter more information.
Example 3 - Using the search
You can use your keyboard to access Arbor's Global Search.
When in the search field:
- Hitting Entertakes you to the All Results page.
- Hitting Down takes you to the results list with the first item selected.
- Hitting Esc clears the search field.
Using the suggested results:
- Navigating through the results is possible using Up and Down key.
- Hitting Enter while focused on the search result in the dropdown takes you to the record page (e.g. student profile).
- Hitting Esc while focused on the search results in the dropdown takes the focus to the search fields. The search criteria is not cleared.
- Hitting Tab while in the dropdown list will focus on the View all results button.