The article below outlines some of the ways you can get around Arbor, find what you're looking for, and see where you've been.
We've also got even more useful tips here: Top Tips for using Arbor on your computer
The first page you come to when you log in for the first time is your homepage. It includes quick actions and shortcuts and prompts in your to do list, that take you to other areas of Arbor where you can take action. Take a look here for full details: My Homepage
The top menu
No matter what page you're on in Arbor, the bar at the top will remain the same. From here you can always get around to different places.
Your school's logo
At the top left, you'll see your school’s logo. Clicking on the school logo will bring you back to My Homepage.
Main navigation menus
The 4 menu options at the top of the dashboard load different areas of the system:
- My Items - Here you have access to your account settings, calendar, communications sent by you etc.
- Students - In this section, you will find all the areas that are directly linked to students like Behaviour, Interventions etc.
- School - You have access to all the areas that have to do with the school's structure and set up like Timetable, Staff Members etc.
- System - This menu option allows Admins to set up third-party API integrations or set User Defined Fields.
On small screens, our left-hand and top navigation menus now move into a burger menu, so you don't need to scroll to view the important information.
To get to a different page, just click the three lines at the top right of any page to access the menu.
On the top right you'll see links to other areas:
- Sign out - You can sign out of Arbor by clicking the link next to your name.
- Help Centre - Click here to access the Help Centre. Top Tip: We'll take you to tailored guidance based on what page you're on in Arbor!
- Notifications - Any notifications will appear in the speech bubble next to the Arbor logo. If you see a lot of notifications you can quickly clear these by going to My Items > My Account and clicking the green Clear Notifications button.
You can search for pages in Arbor, Students, Guardians, Staff as well as courses and registration forms in Arbor using the Search Box. Take a look at everything you can search for here: Using Arbor's Global search
On pages across the MIS
Once you're on a page in Arbor, you'll see a section at the top, above the title and a left-hand menu where you can jump to different pages.
Left hand menu
The side bar can be used to navigate to different pages within an area.
You can use the button next to the breadcrumbs (detailed below) to hide the left-hand menu. This will apply to all pages, but you can expand the menu back out again if needed.
We'll always display the default path to the page, whether you've got to the page via the top menu, a link or from another page in the left-hand menu. This means it won't necessarily show the path to the page that you've taken to get to this page.
Top Tip: This may be different to the navigation path outlined in our guidance, as there is sometimes more than one way to get to a page.
You can cycle through breadcrumbs and drop downs using your keyboard, or click to access these pages.
If all items in the breadcrumbs cannot be shown (such as because of a small screen size) an elipsis '...' is shown. Click on the dots to expand the breadcrumbs onto another line.
Click the dots again to collapse them again.
Want to go back to a previous page? Use your built-in button in your browser, or your browser history.
Why do the breadcrumbs look different than expected?
As this is a new feature, we're always looking for ways we can improve it to suit our school's needs. If you have any feedback, please submit it to our product team here: Breadcrumbs - Ability to see the path to the page
We are aware of three scenarios where the breadcrumbs may look different, detailed below.
You may see duplicated breadcrumbs. You can still use the links and drop downs as usual.
Some breadcrumbs will include the top menu items (such as Students > All Students > Browse Students), and others will not (such as Students > Attendance > Statistics).
You might see a drop-down arrow without a title - you can still click this to view other pages.