Accessing the markbook
- Admins - go to Students > Assessments > Formative Tracking and select the assessment in the filters at the top of the page.
- Teachers - go to My Items > My Classes. Choose the correct class and select All Assessments.
Click the right assessment in the slide over to access the markbook.
Here you can add marks or complete bulk actions.
You can change the assessment and filters at the top of the page.
Adding marks and evidence
Adding individual Marks
To input individual marks, simply click on the appropriate cell and choose the correct mark from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can also type this in manually and the system will filter the options according to the text being typed in.
Bulk inputting marks
You can bulk mark statements by either selecting a row of statements for a student(s), or mark against multiple statements.
To mark multiple statements you need to turn the 'Bulk Mark' switch to 'ON'.
Then, select the statements you want to assign a new mark to and select the mark in the 'Mark' drop-down box to enter this for all the highlighted statements.
On entering marks, you will see there are 3 different colours as a quick visual overview of where the student is working at:
- ORANGE - At the end of the specified term, the student would be working below the level needed to achieve the end of year target.
- LIGHT GREEN - At the end of the specified term, the student would be working at the level needed to achieve the end of year target.
- DARK GREEN - At the end of the specified term, the student would be working above the level needed to achieve the end of year target.
You may see a variation of these colours if your marking scale has more than 3 points.
To record evidence, hover over the cell next to a student name and you will see an information window, click on ‘Add Evidence’.
You can repeat the bulk edit mode to add evidence in bulk for all your students.
You can also add evidence in bulk by turning Bulk Mode on, selecting the marks to add evidence to and clicking the Add Evidence button. Please note: Any comments or documents added as evidence will only be attached to statements that have already been given a mark.
Downloading the Markbook
If you wish to download the data into Excel, PDF, CSV or XML, simply select the download option at the top of the markbook and 'download'