- Set up the grade point scale for the summative assessment you will use
- Decided on your curriculum
- If you want to link this to a summative assessment, make sure you have added the summative assessment to your Assessment Framework and Annual Policy
To set up an Arbor-defined curriculum assessment instead, click here.
Step 1 - Import your curriculum
Click on ‘Download curriculum template’ which will download an excel template. This template will walk you through the process of how to enter the required information for upload.
There are some things we need to upload your curriculum successfully:
- Curriculum Statements - These are the individual skills that make up your curriculum eg 'Know the difference between animal and plant cells'
- Submodules - These are groups of curriculum statements that fall under the same area, eg 'Cells'. These are not mandatory, so if your curriculum doesn't have submodules you can leave this column blank.
- Modules -These are groups of submodules or statements that fall under the same area e.g. 'Biology'. A curriculum must have a least one module.
- Please do not move or rename any rows or columns! If you do, we will either not be able to upload your curriculum or it may be uploaded with errors.
Write the first module name in the first row of the module column. If you're using submodules write the first submodule in this module next to this in the submodule column.
Then write the first curriculum statement in this submodule in the curriculum statement column. For modules and submodules, there is a character limit of 255 characters – this is to ensure that they display properly in the system and makes module selection a good experience. For statements, descriptions and examples there is no character limit.
You then can input all the statements in this submodules in new rows until you get to a new submodule. Write the name of the new submodule in the submodule column next to the first statement in this submodule. Carry on like this until you get to a new module, write the name of the new module in the module column next to the first statement in this column.
Once you have completed your spreadsheet, return to the Arbor Upload Curriculum page and click Upload completed template to select the excel file from your computer.
To complete the setup process, follow the rest of the instructions for a normal curriculum assessment as detailed in the section above.