You may find that there are still registers and attendance marks in place on a day bank holiday. This can happen when the holiday day is put into your Academic Calendar after a register has been opened and had attendance marks put in.
When a holiday is put into the Academic Calendar:
- unopened registers with no attendance marks are removed
- registers with one or more marks input won't be deleted, and the marks will remain
This means that you may want to remove these marks.
Our school was fully closed
- Use the Bulk Edit Marks page to set all students marks to # (a non-statistical code)
- Add the holiday to your Academic Calendar if it isn't already there
- All registers and attendance marks for that day should then be removed
Our school was partially closed
You should not add a holiday to your Academic Calendar as your school was not fully closed. You'll need to follow the partial closure guidance here: Partial school closure - Bulk edit attendance marks