For an alternate link in Google Drive, click here.
What is My Classroom?
My Classroom brings seating plans, registers and behaviour management into one place for the first time, giving you your time back to focus on teaching and learning. Create interactive seating plans using easy drag-and-drop seats, then add attendance and behaviour points directly onto your plan throughout your lesson on a tablet or on your desktop.
There's no more need to rely on paper, excel spreadsheets seating plans or third parties, which are not shareable, hard to edit and require time-consuming data entry. My Classroom is built into Arbor, giving you access to photos and contextual data about each of your students right when you need it, plus everything you capture in My Classroom shows up on student profiles straight away.
My Classroom is available to teachers from the Lesson Dashboard, so they can set up their layouts and seating plans at any time before using My Classroom 'on the ground'. Your colleagues can see and use your plans too.
Here are our top 5 reasons to use My Classroom:
- Best of breed - My Classroom is the most comprehensive classroom management tool available in any MIS, with seating, attendance and behaviour all included.
- All in one place - See all data about your students in your seating plan, directly in Arbor
- Spend less time on admin - Use a behaviour management tool which helps you complete admin (e.g. assign behaviour points) in real-time
- Take attendance faster - We provide a more visual, less disruptive way to take the register
- Easy-to-use - Use our drag and drop tool to design a plan reflecting your actual classroom
Who can use My Classroom?
My Classroom is included in the Arbor 2020 Perform package. All schools on this package can use My Classroom from the start of October!
- If your school is already on the Arbor 2020 Perform package, you can get started when we release My Classroom at the start of October - once you switch on my classroom, teachers will be able to use it by clicking the My Classroom logo on their Lesson Dashboards.
- If you’re not on Perform, or are on an older version of the Perform package, you’ll need to upgrade your contract if you'd like to start using My Classroom. You can also purchase My Classroom as an add-on module.
Want to upgrade or find out what package you’re on? Just get in contact with your Account Manager or email us at email@example.com.
Once you’ve enabled My Classroom, let your staff know that they can start using My Classroom. You can still take attendance by clicking Take Register instead. My Classroom is available to any staff member with access to a Lesson Dashboard, which includes:
- Teaching Assistants who have been assigned to the specific timetable slots
- Teachers, academic leads and form tutors of the selected class
- Cover Staff and Supply Teachers
- Administrators, SLT and Attendance Officers
How do we enable My Classroom?
- Read the instructions in the Switching on Guide (linked at the bottom of this article) for how to turn My Classroom on at your school and make sure your settings are correct.
- Let your staff know that you'll be switching on My Classroom and then actually enable it.
- Send your staff the User Guide (linked at the bottom of this article) so they can set up their room layouts and seating plans before they start using My Classroom in lessons to log behaviour and attendance
My Classroom video playlist
A quick overview of My Classroom - how teachers can get to My Classroom and use it to take attendance and log behaviour, or swap seating plans.
See how to prepare to switch on My Classroom at your school, including checking classes are assigned rooms, setting priority behaviour types and finally switching My Classroom on.
In this video, we'll show you how to use My Classroom as a teacher once your school has switched it on - from setting up your seating plan to the bulk actions you can use from the My Classroom page.
Do we have to set up our seating plans every year?
You can use layouts from past years as these are linked to the room, but you will need to set up seating plans each year as there will be different students in your classes.
Because teachers can access My Classroom at any time for their lessons, once you’ve completed Step 6 of the New School Year Setup process to schedule your classes, your teachers will be able to set up their seating plans before students return in September.