Checking and updating key details using the Single Central Record (SCR)
How does the SCR work?
All schools should keep staff records up to date to make sure all checks and precautions have been made to keep their students safe. Arbor has a dedicated page that allows you to check and update information about your staff members.
The SCR will show staff members that have been added to your school Arbor site. It will not show:
- Staff who have not been added to your Arbor site as a staff member - see how to add missing staff
- Staff who work on your Group MIS site - we have an SCR on the Group MIS for these staff
Using the SCR
Go to School > All Staff > Single Central Staff Record.
You can click any field to amend the information (apart from Postal Address).
To perform additional sections, click the tick boxes next to each staff member's name then click the blue pencil icon.
Updating columns in bulk
You can't upload into the SCR in bulk, such as via a spreadsheet, but you can update the checks from School > All Staff > HR Admin > Checks > Manage Check Types. On this page, you can use the tick boxes and pencil icon to update the check. More information here: Adding checks and qualifications to staff
Which column is the Section 128 check?
You can see and update Section 128- Prohibition from management checks for all your staff from the Single Central Record. It's the column next to the Prohibition From Teaching column.
You can also see an update this check for individual staff from their staff profile.
Using the Data Quality Dashboard
The Data Quality Dashboard on Arbor allows you to view and add missing data on Staff, Students and Guardian users on Arbor. Just go to School > Data > Data Quality Dashboard
To update staff data, click on Staff in the left-hand menu. Here you can check missing staff information.
For example, to add missing staff emails, go to School > Data > Data Quality Dashboard > Staff > Contact details > Email Addresses
- From the data quality dashboard navigate the staff on the left-hand side and within ‘contact details’ select ‘email'.
- Where there are missing email addresses click in the gap in the column and select the type of email address for the staff member (e.g. work/personal - we recommend that you use work emails as the users' primary email address as this will be used for their Arbor login).
- Add in the users' email address and where available select the box that sends the user a welcome email to Arbor if you would like them to log in once updated.
If there are any errors, you can simply click on the error to resolve it.
You can choose to ignore the error, or amend the information and retry the check to see if the data is valid.
Editing details from the staff profile
If you want to edit one staff member's details you can use the top-right search bar or the Browse staff page to find their profile and edit directly from there instead, as shown below.
Just locate the section which needs amending.
Select the section that needs to be amended, Date Of Birth for example.
As shown below, there is an orange 'Edit' button that you can click to edit this information.