To be able to analyse your assessments, you will have needed to input baselines (to calculate progress) and targets (to colour-code the marksheet), and added grades for at least one assessment period.
The Baselines & Targets page is used to input and review students' progress baselines & targets, be it School, National or Teacher targets. Go to Students > Assessments > Summative Tracking > Mark Entry > Baselines & Targets.
Click on the top filter section to select the Academic Year, Students/Cohorts, Assessment & Grade set you want to view/enter marks for. Click save changes and this will amend your filter options.
As there are several targets to choose from, simply hover your mouse pointer above the column title and a tooltip will pop up with a description on the target in question.
The same can be done with the individual data cells. Hover your mouse pointer above a data cell and a tooltip will pop up with information relating to the data in question.
Click into each box and inputting the desired baseline/teacher target.
- Click into a field to open the drop-down menu of values to select from, or start typing.
- Hit your Enter key to save the value and move onto the cell below. Then hit Enter again to start typing into the new field.
Select the appropriate individuals using the tick box next to the student’s name. Clicking on the pencil icon at the top of the table, and selecting ‘bulk set baselines’ as seen below. To bulk set Final and Aspirational targets using the bulk actions, remember to select to display them in the filters.
Just choose to Lock or Unlock in the slide over, then click Save Changes.
Other Bulk Actions
As well as bulk setting marks and locking targets, you can also complete other actions using the bulk actions, such as sending communications to students or their primary guardians.
Refresh baselines and targets
- Recalculate baselines - Ticking this box will recalculate all calculated baselines or attempt to calculate baselines where none exist. Any baselines that have been added or changed manually will not change.
- Recalculate targets - Ticking this box will recalculate all calculated targets or attempt to calculate targets where none exist. Teacher target will not be affected by this.
- Refresh period goals - This is helpful if the system tells you that there is not enough information to determine whether a mark is below, at or above target or if colours are missing from the marks input grid. Please note that for period goals to be created both baseline and year target is required.
Consolidating baselines means the baselines selected will no longer be subject to changes if based on past assessment periods.
For example, a child's grade in the summer term last year was a 7. This year this becomes their new baseline. When you consolidate this baseline, even if their final grade for last year is changed to an 8, their baseline this year will remain seven unless manually changed.
Why not join in the conversation in the Arbor Community?