You may find you're unable to mark or analyse assessments or set up School Assessment Measures based on the grade scale you want.
Although you can change which grade set is used as the default, you aren't able to edit the maximum value for the grades available for an Ad Hoc or Summative assessment once the assessment has been set up (added to your Assessment Framework). So for example, you aren't able to change your Emerging, Developing, Secure scale to Emerging, Developing, Secure, above.
What you will need to do will depend on whether you have already begun using the assessment:
- If you have not yet recorded any assessment marks, delete the assessment from your Assessment Framework and Annual Policy using these instructions: Deleting an Assessment. You will then need to set up the assessments again with the correct grade set.
- If you have already begun recording assessment marks, you will need to decide whether to replace the assessment entirely or to stop using this assessment and set up a new one for use moving forward. See what you'll need to do below.
Replace the assessment
We recommend this option if you have started using the assessment this year.
- Export any marks that you have already input from the Students > Assessments > Summative Tracking > Export page so they are not lost.
- Set up the assessment again with the correct grade set.
- Add your assessment marks to the new assessment.
- Delete the old incorrect assessment from your Annual Policy and Framework using these instructions: Deleting an Assessment.
Set up a new assessment
As it would take a lot of time to back-fill marks, we recommend this option if you have already been using the assessment for a while.
- Export any marks that you have already input this year from the Students > Assessments > Summative Tracking > Export page so they are not lost.
- Set up a new assessment with the correct grade set.
- Add your assessment marks for this year into the new assessment.
- Remove the old assessment from this year's Annual Policy but do not delete the assessment from your Assessment Framework. Follow the first part of this article only: Deleting an Assessment.
For past years, you will be able to use the old assessment. For the current year onwards, you can use the new assessment for analysis etc.