In this article, we'll show how to mark a staff member, student, or guardian as Deceased.
- In order to mark a student as deceased, you will need the permission Student Profile: Identity: Administer All Students.
- For staff, you will need, Staff Profile: All Staff: View Basic HR Details and Staff Profile: All Staff: Basic HR Administration
- For Guardians, you will need Student Profile: Guardians: Administer All Students
If you don't have the permission, you'll need to ask your admin team to give you permission using these instructions.
Marking as deceased
Go to their profile and click on Date of Birth in the Identity section.
Click the Mark as Deceased button.
Fill in the Date of death or tick Date of death unknown. Then click Mark as deceased.
This action cannot be undone so a pop-up will ask you to confirm for the final time that you wish to mark this profile as deceased.
It will then show on their profile under the Identity section that they are Deceased.
Edit or undo
You can edit this by clicking on it and clicking Edit.
To undo marking them as deceased, remove the Date of death and make sure the tick box is unticked, then click Save Changes.
What else needs to be done?
Please note that marking someone as deceased will not remove them from your school. You would also need to take further actions:
- Guardians: Unsubscribe them from communications
- Staff: End their employment with the school
- Students: Un-enroll them.
Please note that students' Primary Guardian(s) will still have access to their student profile on the Parent Portal and Parent App until the end of the academic year, and this won't show the student as deceased. You may also wish to unsubscribe the student's guardians from communications.