You can access the trips module by selecting School > Activities > Trips
Creating a new trip
Select '+ Add' to set up a new trip. A slide over will appear with information regarding your trip to be filled out:
- Name - name your trip
- Location - where is the trip to?
- Staff - which staff members are going?
- Trip start & end date & time - the time and date at which the trip begins & finishes
- Link to - is this trip linked to any courses in Arbor?
- Pupils eligible - select 'all enrolled students' for all students to be eligible. Narrow down to an appropriate group if limited.
- Sign up opens/closes - When is this trip available on the parent portal for guardians to sign up?
- Max participants - if there is a maximum number of participants, this will be capped when capacity is reached
- Is consent required?
- Whether a register should be taken
Set up payment options
Once complete, you will then add in the payment amount for your students by selecting '+Add' within Trip Prices.
Choose the group of students for which the price applies ('2017/18'* for all current students). Enter the price, the VAT rate and state whether this is a voluntary contribution.
If you wish to add an alternative price for a different pupil group, eg. pupil premium students, select 'Add' and create another price. When complete, save.
Under 'Trip Participants' your selected eligible pupils will sit within the Eligible tab. Students who have been provisionally added to the trip will appear in the Reserved tab. Part-paid and fully paid students will appear in the Confirmed tab.
To record payment as received from a new pupil, go to the Eligible tab. Tick the student you have received payment for then click the pencil at the top of the column to select Add Participant.
You may also need to record consent for the trip.
Then select the student again, and select Add Payment. Update the payment method, date and any comments, then click Save. This student will now appear in the Confirmed tab.
Once you’re in an active trip session, you’ll be able to take the register just as you would from a lesson dashboard. When on the trip page, just click the green 'Take register' button.