Copying over a trip from last year
As trips work within one academic year, if you want to carry balances over to next academic year you'll need to set up a new trip and create any outstanding balances. Create the trip as you would normally.
To set up Trip Prices, you'll need to set each student's cost of the trip with whatever the outstanding amount is that they have left to pay.
Top Tip: Duplicate your tabs so you can see the old trip and how much each student has paid in one tab, and the new trip in the other tab.
What if the trip allows voluntary contributions or the child already paid enough last year?
If they have already paid enough in the previous trip, you won't need to add a price for them in this one if you only want to track payments and don't need to take attendance.
If you did want to take attendance, you will need to add them to the trip or they won't appear in the register. When adding prices you can set their price as zero.
You can then mark the students who have nothing left to pay as confirmed.
Please note that even if you accept voluntary contributions, using this method the guardian won't be able to make further payment through the Parent Portal or Arbor App.
Creating a new trip
Go to School > Activities > Trips and click + Add to set up a new trip. A slide over will appear with information regarding your trip to be filled out:
- Name - name your trip
- Location - where is the trip to?
- Staff - which staff members are going?
- Trip start & end date & time - the time and date at which the trip begins & finishes
- Link to - is this trip linked to any courses in Arbor?
- Pupils eligible - select 'all enrolled students' for all students to be eligible. Narrow down to an appropriate group if limited.
- Sign up opens/closes - When is this trip available on the parent portal for guardians to sign up?
- Max participants - if there is a maximum number of participants, this will be capped when capacity is reached
- Is consent required?
- Whether a register should be taken
Once complete, you will then add in the payment amount for your students by selecting '+Add' within Trip Prices.
Here you can choose:
- Whether parents can pay towards the price of a trip in instalments
- The price of the trip
- Whether the price can be paid in instalments
- The minimum instalment amount
- An auto-confirmation threshold that, once paid, will confirm a child's place on the trip
If you wish to add an alternative price for a different pupil group, eg. pupil premium students, select +Add and create another price. When complete, click Save.
Finally, in Trip Participants your selected eligible pupils will sit within the Eligible tab. Students who have been provisionally added to the trip will appear in the Reserved tab. Part-paid and fully paid students will appear in the Confirmed tab.
To record payment as received from a new pupil, go to the Eligible tab. Tick the student you have received payment for then click the pencil at the top of the column to select Add Participant.
You may also need to record consent for the trip.
Then select the student again, and select Add Payment. Update the payment method, date and any comments, then click Save. This student will now appear in the Confirmed tab.
Once you’re in an active trip session, you’ll be able to take the register just as you would from a lesson dashboard. When on the trip page, just click the green 'Take register' button.