If you don't want an event to flag as requiring cover, you can follow the instructions below.
Please note that this only applies to school events - it isn't possible to toggle this setting for clubs, internal exclusions, interventions, trips, detentions etc. These will automatically flag as needing cover on the Cover page.
- Academic structure: Administer - View and click into all school events from the All Events (List)
- Staff Profile: Action: Cover: Administer - Assign and manage cover
- School: Action: Calendar: Administer - Create, edit or delete any events for staff, students and guardians.
- Staff profile: Action: Calendar: Administer - Create, edit or delete any events for staff.
- Student profile: Action: Calendar: Administer All/My Students - Create, edit or delete any events for students and associated guardians.
If someone can't complete an action, you can give them the right permission using these instructions.
Set an event as requiring cover
To set an event as requiring cover, you can do this while creating the event, or when editing it. To edit an event, go to School > Timetable > All Events (List). Use the filters if you need to narrow down the display to just events, then click into the event you want to toggle this setting for.
Select the Requires cover field to toggle this setting, then click Edit current event to save your changes.
It will then be flagged in School > All Staff > Cover as requiring cover.
Select the Requires cover field to toggle this setting. For recurring events, you can only choose whether all instances of the event should require cover - you can't toggle this for each session. You need to click the Edit recurring events button.
If you want to choose whether each session requires cover separately, you would need to set each one up as a single event.
Once you edit if a recurring event requires cover, future sessions of the event will be flagged on the in School > All Staff > Cover as requiring cover.
No, events will only show on this tab if they were marked as requiring cover, and you've marked it as 'Cover Not Required' from the cover page.
Marking an event as 'Cover Not Required' from the cover area will not change the overall settings for the event.
When you access the event from School > Timetable > All Events (List) it will still show that cover is required.
No, you can only toggle this setting by for a single or recurring event that has not yet happened. The box will be greyed out if you click into a past event.