When should we set up our assessments?
When setting up your assessments, you can select an assessment date. Please do not set your assessment date as the year before the assessment takes place. For example, if the assessment is taking place during the 21/22 academic year, do not put the date of the assessment as in 2021.
This is to prevent issues when uploading the CTF file to the Primary Assessment Gateway, as they will not be able to process the file properly if the assessment date is not in the same year as the assessment is taking place.
Please log the assessment as taking place when the actual assessment will be conducted, so in 2022 for this year's assessments.
- To set up and manage DfE Assessments you'll need the School: Assessments: Administer permission
- To add marks in you'll need the School: Assessments: View permission or one of the Student Profile: Assessments: Administer All/My Students permissions.
If you don't have the permission, you'll need to ask your admin team to give you permission using these instructions.
How long will it take?
- Setup - 5 minutes
- Marking - varies depending on the number of students
Setting up the assessment
Go to Students > Assessments > DfE Assessments.
- If the template has already been added, you'll see it under the academic year drop-down menu.
- If it hasn't yet been added, click the green Load Assessment Template button in the top-right of the page.
Choose the correct template from the drop-down menu - you can type in Teacher Assessment to narrow down your search.
Return to your standardised assessment dashboard and click +Add to create a new assessment.
Fill in the slide over with the students who will be taking the assessment, the date the assessment takes place and whether the assessment is for SEN students only.
Clicking the assessment will then allow you to edit the assessment or input marks.
Marking the assessment
When you click Input marks, you'll be taken to the marksheet. Click on the blank box to select a grade to input.
You can also bulk upload marks by ticking the box beside students who all have the same mark and clicking the Bulk action button to select the subject.
What marks can be used?
To send off or share the results, follow this article: Exporting DfE assessment results as CTFs and downloading End of Year Reports