Where are DfE assessments in Arbor?
We developed a specialised area where you can input and analyse your DfE Assessment data, which is a statutory requirement for schools in England.
Add new DfE Assessments, load assessment templates and import results and input marks in Mark Entry. See past marks in View Marks. Compare this year's results to last year in Analysis. Export results as CTFs or Generate PDF reports of results in Export Results.
See the sections below for more links on how to set up and manage these assessments in more details, or for see a recording of our recent webinar here: Past Webinar Recordings
Setting up and adding marks
Set up all the relevant standardised assessments for your school. To see how to set up and mark different standardised assessments, follow these guides:
- End of Key Stage 1 and 2 standardised assessments
- Early Years Foundation Stage Profile (EYFSP)
- The Phonics Screening Check
If you want to print your marksheets to check your marks, follow these instructions: Can we download the DfE statutory assessment marksheet to check the data?
Sending off your results to the DfE or the Primary Assessment Gateway
Tuesday 28th June is the deadline to submit your teacher assessment data for KS1 to LAs and KS2 to the Primary Assessment Gateway. To see how to generate your CTFs to submit, click here.
Remember when exporting your CTF, leave the Year group field blank if you want all the students that took the test are chosen. If you want to, for example, export your year 1 and year 2 Phonics Screening Check data separately, you would select Year 1 in this field.
You can find other important dates and deadlines in the DfE's 2022 key stage 2: assessment and reporting arrangements and 2022 key stage 1: assessment and reporting arrangements.
Importing and analysing results
For all of the assessments below, you can see the marks input by going to DfE Assessments > View Marks. However, some analysis isn't available in the Students > Assessments > DfE Assessments > Analysis pages until the results have been released by the DfE.
Take a look at how and where to analyse your assessments here: How can I analyse my DfE statutory assessments in Arbor?
- Monday 20th June - The threshold mark for the Phonics Screening Check will be available from the DfE. In Arbor, student outcomes will automatically appear on the marksheet based on the raw scores you’ve already put in, and you'll be able to analyse your data.
- Tuesday 5th July - the KS2 and results become available from the Primary Assessment Gateway. To import your results into Arbor, you will first have to have generated a CTF file from the Primary Assessment Gateway to your computer. You will then need to import the file - click here to find out how. Once you import your CTFs, you’ll then be able to analyse your school results on the Analysis pages.
- Monday 27th June - the Multiplication Tables Check (MTC) results become available from the Primary Assessment Gateway. To import your results into Arbor, you will first have to have generated a CTF file from the Primary Assessment Gateway to your computer. You will then need to import the file - click here to find out how. Once you import your CTFs, you’ll then be able to see MTC results in DfE Assessments > View Marks, but you can't analyse them from the Analysis pages.
You can export your results as End of Year Reports if you need to send them parents or guardians. To see how, click here.