If you don't have these permissions, ask your admin team to assign them to you.
- Extra Curricular: Administer - Set up a club.
- Finance: Administer - Manage payments into the club.
Step 1 - Adding a new Club
Go to School > Activities > Clubs. This will bring you to the Clubs overview page. From here you can view the clubs you have already created in school and set up new clubs here as well.
Click on the green '+Add' button and select whether the club will be paid or free.
A slide over will appear for you to enter details about the club you creating.
- The club name
- A short description of the club (optional)
- Which pupils are eligible (click on the arrow for a drop-down list of choices)
- The maximum number of members the club can have
- Whether parental consent is required
- Whether to take attendance or not
Then click the green 'Save' button. Your club will now be listed on the Clubs overview page.
Step 2 - Adding sessions
Please note that if you want to set up more than one session within a day, these will count as two separate sessions the parent could book and they could sign up for both. This means that if you only want certain parents to be able to book one timeslot, it would be best to set up two clubs, one for each time.
Click on +Add in the sessions box to schedule sessions for the club. You'll be asked whether you want to schedule Weekly Sessions or Single Session(s).
- Choose Weekly Sessions to schedule repeating sessions, for example, every Monday.
- Choose Single Session(s) if the dates and times of club do not repeat on a weekly basis.
If you've chosen weekly sessions, choose the day(s) of the week you'd like to schedule club sessions. Enter the start and end time of the sessions, and the dates they run between. You can also add details of the location of the session (you can only select one room here) and staff members if needed. When ready, click Save Changes to schedule the sessions.
You can review the sessions you've created from the section on the Club page.
In the slide over, enter the information for the sessions you'd like to schedule into the table. You can add as many extra rows as you like by clicking Add. Once you're done, click Save to schedule the sessions.
Step 3 - Adding Membership Periods and Prices
Please note that if you want to set up more than one price, these will count as two separate sessions the parent could book and they could sign up for both or the wrong one. This means that if you only want certain parents to be able to book one price (e.g. if Pupil Premium students pay a different price or can attend for free), it would be best to set up two clubs, one for each set of prices.
Click on +Add to enter information on the cost and how many sessions the price is for.
- Membership Period - the "unit" of time that a student can belong to a club. If a student can attend a club day by day, choose the day. Other options are Week, Month, Term and Year.
- Membership name - Make sure the membership name is clear and obvious as to what the club membership means, as this is what guardians will see on the Parent Portal/Arbor App.
- Available From & Available To - These dates determine how many Membership Periods a student can sign up to, e.g. if a Membership Period was a Term, and it was available throughout the year, a student can register for three terms.
- Pricing Basis - This specifies whether the price is calculated per session, or for the whole Membership Period. E.g. Swimming club could be £3 per session or £30 for a Term.
- Variable contribution - Ticking this box allows parents to pay what they can for club attendance, rather than a set price.
This is also where you can opt to have guardians sign their children up via your Parent Portal. Simply add in the dates that guardians should be able to book on the Parent Portal or Arbor App. Arbor won’t automatically email parents to tell them they can sign up, so you would need to let them know via email, SMS or in-app message.
Repeat this process to set up any other different prices.
Please note: When creating another membership, if the Period chosen and the Pricing Basis are the same, your first membership will be overwritten. Make sure to set them with slightly different availability dates to prevent this.
Step 4 - Adding Club Participants
Click on the green '+Add' button to start adding students to the club. Clicking on the arrow in the 'Student' box will bring up all the eligible students who can join this club.
If a parent has signed up via the Parent Portal, students will automatically appear in the participant's list.
After filling in the slide over, you will reach the 'Bulk Create Participant' page.
If the club has been paid for, in the 'Method' box select the way the payment for the club was made (cash/cheque/bank transfer) and click on the green 'Save' button. A pop up will ask you if consent has been given. If it has not been given, you can not add participants at this stage.)
You may want to add a student who has returned a consent form but not yet paid for the club.
In this instance add the student to the club in the same way as before but leave the 'Method' column blank when on the 'Bulk Create Participant' page.
Then instead of 'Save' select 'Cancel'. This will bring up the options to either cancel the membership completely OR add payments later. If you select 'Add Payments later' the student will then appear in the Club Participants list with a red box saying 'Not Paid' beside their name.
To take a register for a club you must first have set up sessions. during a session, you can click the tab in the top right for the current session. this will take you to the session dashboard where you can take the register.