The DfE specifies that schools must provide a report for parents for KS2 that includes:
- Outcomes of statutory national curriculum TA in English reading, English writing, mathematics and science
- A statement that TA outcomes take into account the results of statutory national curriculum tests in English reading and mathematics
- Where appropriate, a statement explaining why any national curriculum test has not been taken
- Comparative information about the attainment of pupils of the same age in the school
- Comparative information about the attainment in the core subjects of pupils of the same age nationally, where available
As this is only a requirement from schools, not from their MIS, Arbor does not provide the last two data items in our out-of-the-box reports. However, we'll give you the tools you need to generate this report.
For more information about these requirements, take a look at the DfE's Key Stage 2 assessment and reporting arrangements guidance, specifically page 49.
How can we create this report?
- First, download the key stage 2 comparative report template from the DfE website. Click the report to download it and view it on your computer. Alternatively, you can create your own report.
- Next, look at the national data on the DfE website. The 2019 interim national data detailed in the DfE Key Stage 2 comparative report can be found here.
- Then, enter the national data and your individual school results onto the report you downloaded.
- Finally, send this report out to your parents.