It's easy to download the data you need from Arbor in a variety of formats. You can even customise some downloads when using our tables across the MIS, to include unique identifiers, so you don't have to create a custom report.
- You don't need any specific permissions to download data from tables - if you have permission to access the page, you'll be able to create the download from the table.
- To manage the fields downloaded to Excel and Live Feeds, you'll need the School: General Admin: Administer permission.
If you don't have permission, you'll need to ask your admin team to give you permission using these instructions.
Using the green Download buttons
Green Download buttons don't allow the option of the type of file the information is downloaded into. Usually, these green Download buttons will download into PDF. On some pages, there is the option of a green Download Excel button too.
Some example pages you can do this from are:
- Printable Student Timetables
- Student List
- Attendance Reports
- Student Profile within the individual profile
- Printable Photos
Using the grey Download button
Anywhere you see a grey Download button on a table, such as:
- Any Statistics page (e.g. Attendance Statistics and Behaviour Statistics)
- Custom Report Writer
- Custom Groups
- HR pages
You can download the table into:
- Live Feed
Customising the download with Unique Student Identifiers
Don't worry if students have similar names, there's an easy way to identify students when downloading tables of data out of Arbor. You don't need to create a custom report, as you can customise the table downloads themselves.
Go to School > Data > Export > Export Options. Here you can choose these columns to add to downloads:
- Arbor Student ID
- Year group(s)
- Registration form(s)
Just click on the column to add. In the slide over, change the drop-down to Yes, include in download and click Save Changes.
For Live Feeds, please note that this will affect any that are already set up. Once you refresh your Live Feed, the identifiers will be included in the far left of your data.
We recommend reviewing any formulae set up before making changes - you may need to set up certain Live Feeds again if these changes cause your formulae to no longer work.
There can be limited space on some of our bigger tables, so to save you having to hide the information each time, these columns will only show when downloading the data to Excel or Live Feed.
Here's this table downloaded to Excel with the UPN column added. They are added to the left of the spreadsheet, after student names.
- For Year group(s) and Registration form(s), this will always show the current groups as of today, no matter the date set in the filters.
- If you have a table with rows not about students (such as staff) the field will only be filled in for students, and would be blank for staff.
- If a table already has columns for certain identifiers, they will show twice in the download. Hiding columns in tables does not remove them from the download. In the example below, you can see the Planned Absences page, then in the download that the columns are duplicated.