If you are coming back from a trip and find out the drop-off point has to change, you can log into Arbor and let all the parents know straight away. You can also notify guardians that there are outstanding payments due for trips.
- You will need the Extra Curricular: Send Communications All Students permission to send trip communications, or view all trip communications sent.
- You will also need to be a Permitted Sender of the communication type you want to send.
- You will need the Extra Curricular: Send Communications Assigned Students permission to see the trip communications you have sent, but not all.
If you don't have the permission, you'll need to ask your admin team to give you permission using these instructions.
- Go to School > Activities > Trips.
- Select the trip.
- Click More Information in the slide over.
On the Trip Overview page, go to the Trip participants section. Select the students and click the Bulk action button.
Select the communication method to use.
For email, the subject line will automatically be the trip name, date and times, but you can amend this.
Top Tip: The merge fields can be used to automatically include information for the trip, such as outstanding balances.
If a trip took place in the past, we'll remind you with a handy banner.
See sent communications
The Trip Communication Log
You can view sent Emails and Letters from the Trip Communication Log, but not logs of SMS or in-app messages - you'd need to use other logs to view these.
To view sent Emails or Letters about this trip, go to to School > Activities > Trips and select Communication Log from the left-hand menu.
Click on the communication to see further details or send a follow-up.
Other communication logs
You can view trip communications from a few places:
- Your sent communications page in My Items > My Communications: Seeing the Communications I've sent
- Communication Logs on student, guardian and staff profiles.
- The logs for communication types in School > Communications > Select Type > Sent Messages.
You cannot view them in School > Communications > All School Communications. Top Tip: This is different to communications sent from elsewhere, where communications with 'From' set as the school are shown in the All Comms Communication Log.