You can log in Arbor when a telephone call has been made, so you can keep track of when guardians have been contacted about their child. For further information about how to view past logged calls, see this article: View call logs
Please note that other staff are not notified when a call is logged to one of their students' profiles.
- Send and administer school communications: Administer - View, log and manage telephone calls
- View school communications: View - View telephone calls
- Communications: Administer All/My Students - Log telephone calls for students
- Communications: View All/My Students - View telephone calls with guardians and students and export communication logs for students
If you don't have the permission, you'll need to ask your admin team to give you permission using these instructions.
Logging an Ad Hoc call
From the Communication area
- If you're an Admin, you can log a call from School > Communications > All School Comunications > Telephone Calls.
- If you're a teacher, you can log a call by going to My items > My Communications.
Click the orange Communications button and select Log telephone call.
From a profile
You can also log calls directly from a student, guardian or staff profile. Just navigate to the Communications section.
Click the orange Communications button, and select Log telephone call.
Logging an attendance follow-up call
If a student has been marked as absent, attendance officers can log that the absence has been followed up with via a telephone call from Students > Attendance > Absentees > Absentees By Date.
You can see how this can be done here: Following up on absences with guardians (N codes or any other marks)